PDA

View Full Version : Air Law HELP!

GDUFF
27th Mar 2002, 14:50
Struggling a bit with Air Law.Taking the exam . .(jaratpl)in April at Gatwick.If anyone who has sat it recently if you have any pointers please let me know.I have a mound of questions which I'm working through, but could do with a little direction to my study.Hope you can help.Thanks GDUFF

wobblyprop
27th Mar 2002, 17:30
Its hard to say what to concentrate on. But the best adivce from my own experience in the exams is study the past questions. If there are areas you don't understand, read them again.. .. .Sorry can't be more direct than that. .. .Wobbers

stator vane
27th Mar 2002, 21:19
just took the air law in march and it was chocker full of useless questions. i was one short of useless answers and must resit.. .. .and that after flying left seat in a B737 in the US, Korea and now Europe for the last 4 years.. .. .insane test makers.. .. .the human remains was even more useless, but somehow i passed it.. .. .bon chance-

GDUFF
29th Mar 2002, 15:12
Wobblyprop,Statorvane,thanks for reply "head down graft" would appear the order of the day!Thanks GDUFF

pipergirl
31st Mar 2002, 12:55
have u tried the ppl confuser?
it's invaluable....has loads of past questions....
i used it for my ppl exams. it gives all the explanations to the answers and it's dead handy...

boeingbus2002
1st Apr 2002, 21:52
Sorry if this sounds all to obvious or youve done this before...:rolleyes:
but for each topic, make a table/chart. It simplifies large amounts of text. I managed to put 10pages of Separation on one A4 sheet! SIMPLE diags can also help, but be weary of over doing it.
I found it easier to picture these simpler tables/charts/diags in an exam.:D
Best of luck!

JB007
1st Apr 2002, 23:00
If you can get hold of the Oxford feedback, it's all you need...

Make sure you know seperation inside out...

STORMER
2nd Apr 2002, 00:43
I will second the oxford feedback as well. They gave us the best idea of what to expect and also a good basis for where to direct your study. Seperations were also heavily covered in the exam i took. But hearing of other exams this was not the case.
Anyway good luck and be prepared for some daft questions.

ATCNightmare
2nd Apr 2002, 09:00
I third the oxford feedback & the bit about separation - really all you need.

Do you know anyone who might have it? When you sitting the exam??

Stormer - is that USA & PPSC stormer???

StephenRED
2nd Apr 2002, 09:24
Okay,I`m fresh from the USA where I just got my ppl,here is what was in my exam.

1)Know all about special vfr,what information given etc etc,where its given,why..just know it okay!!!
2)Runway markings/lighting.
3)Class of airspace..know it!!!
4)MATZ penetratrion.
5)LARS,MARS,radar services etc.
6)Ground / air overtaking

I think it was paper 2 I did...

Best of luck,you`ll be fine as long as you read the questions.
My number 1 tip,as soon as you get the paper,put your damn pen/pencil/crayon..whatever..DOWN!!and read the paper,you`ll find around 20% of the questions have been partially answered in other questions.

Stephen

STORMER
2nd Apr 2002, 17:47
ATC nightmare

Yep its that stormer. Please feel free to e-mail me and let me know how things are with yourself.