PDA

View Full Version : Ref: VAT Petition

Tosh McCaber
4th Apr 2001, 12:06
Thanks for your responses to my request for a petition protesting against the imposition of VAT on ATPL training. Keep them coming on the original thread.

But rememember, we are seeking a positive response from politicions- guarded oaths and crude slagging will not help the cause- so, keep them clean and brief, but keep them coming- what we want is as large a response as possible, to show them that we mean business.

This is the thin edge of the wedge- there are other iniquities such as lack of grant assistance next, but let's put a large anti-VAT response to them now.

[This message has been edited by Tosh McCaber (edited 04 April 2001).]

Tosh McCaber
5th Apr 2001, 11:10
Hey guys- keep up the responses to the VAT petition on the the separate thread- they've slowed down. We all want to get rid of this tax, and the other rip-off costs as well- or- do you not care, and are quite happy to pay through the nose?

It only takes a few seconds to sign your name.

Your support is needed!

[This message has been edited by Tosh McCaber (edited 05 April 2001).]

Tosh McCaber
6th Apr 2001, 11:21
To all Wannabes (and Flight Deck Qualified)-

After an initially excellent response from you good people, I'm surprised and disappointed at the apathy shown from the vast majority of you, to what is an important issue.

I have drafted a lettter to be sent to government ministers, and had hoped for prompt and solid backing from PPruners.

Let's get some more (brief )entries over the next few days!

Tigereye
6th Apr 2001, 12:59
Hear, hear.
Surely there can't be more people interested in writing about Tony Underwood then signing up against VAT charges. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

SKYYACHT
6th Apr 2001, 19:10
Apathy rules......but the attitude seems to be "who cares?" I have seen the same lack of responses to those pilots I have approached asking them to send letters/sign petitions fighting the closures of airfields.....

Perhaps if we become a minority, we will qualify for funding....By the time the Politicians wake up, we will have no airfield infrastructure left in which to base flying schools in!

What IS this country trying to do?

Tailwinds