PDA

View Full Version : Air Harrods

Heliport
30th Mar 2003, 04:34
Harrods owner Mohamed Al Fayed has said he is going to leave the UK after claiming years of alleged persecution by the "establishment". Al Fayed said in statement he was now going to live in Geneva, Switzerland.
"Ever since the tragic death of my beloved son Dodi, the establishment attacks on me have intensified," the Egyptian-born multi-millionaire said in a written statement on Friday.

Bad news for some pilots I know. :eek:

Decision Maker
30th Mar 2003, 06:07
Let's hope that he does't sell Battersea to housing developers, as that would be bad news for MOST helicopter pilots!!!

jstr4753
30th Mar 2003, 07:43
If this happens, does it mean him selling Air Harrods along with Battersea etc.. or just reducing the work load?

StevieTerrier
30th Mar 2003, 17:03
Air Harrods kindly sent me one of their new brochures today. Very nice (read : expensive) it is too.

Anybody fancy clubbing together for an S76 trip from Al Fayed Field, Battersea to Heathrow? Prices from £3045. What a bargain! Oh sorry - plus Airport Surcharges and VAT.

Or how about "London Biggin Hill"? Direct routing 11.5 nm. From only £2885.

Given the option, I think I would plump for a limo full of champagne and a couple of high-class hookers, and still have enough change left for 10 Woodbines.

Vfrpilotpb
31st Mar 2003, 00:01
Stevie,

Forget the Woodbines, you could get another Hooker! sides that cigs are very bad for your health:D

ppheli
31st Mar 2003, 11:43
If Air Horrids did go, then Starspeed would presumably suffer as well as the umbrella AOC holder that AH used due to it not being owned by a UK national. Mind, it always seemed like AH paid to get the S76 on their certificate which in turn helped them get the job of flying the ex-Skyhopper one out in Greece for its new owner - so they can't complain too much. ;)

And I wonder what about the JetRanger climbing frame in Fayed's garden at Oxted? Potential for film studio shots, at least!

Helinut
31st Mar 2003, 17:58
I am concerned about the future of the London Heliport in the light of this news. It is clear that a considerable sum could be paid for such a "waterside development site" for resdiential development - much more than its "value" for a heliport.

I hope the representative bodies are keeping an eye on its future ..

Earpiece
2nd Apr 2003, 03:40
Thomas, You might have heard that I have been away for some time but have now returned!

What do you know about the outside world (well London and its corner shop anyway) when you have been enclosed and coddled in North Wales?

Might I hear from you soon?

Earpiece

magbreak
2nd Apr 2003, 22:40
Mr Al Fayads departure was reported on the TV as being due to the fact his 'special tax status' was about to be removed. If Gordon Brown is reading this I'd like a special tax status as well please for a few years, preferably paying less tax than I am now, or will be after next weeks budget :O :O :O

Collective Action
8th Apr 2003, 22:10
Rumour control has it that the gypsy corner shop owner has put Air Harrods up for sale complete with Battersea!? Anyone know anything?

Thomas coupling
9th Apr 2003, 00:35
Try page 2: "air harrods to leave london"