PDA

View Full Version : Middle East Update

A320doctor
8th Apr 2003, 14:58
Hello everyone, its been a while and my how things change. My canadian ship is sinking and Im looking for a life boat. Flight Intl did an interesting spread this week on Emirates, Gulf and Qatar.
I have also seen ads consistantly from these three. My understanding is the standard expat package is $70'000 tax free. Housing, car and limo to work. I know these guys are growing fast but can it really be that good? And is there any overtime out there? Let me know boys and girls, should I bail out now or ride out the storm? I don't I can take another Montreal winter.
Cheers:p

doc

Jango
14th Apr 2003, 17:24
Hi Doc,

Qatar Awys probably the lowest paid of the bunch, unless they have significantly improved the package.

GF - was not aware they were recruting, but depends if you mean GAMCO in Abu Dhabi (base) or Line maintenance in Bahrain. I wud think BAH the better deal as GAMCO have been trying it on with local deals, no housing allowance, no ticket money etc.

EK- package is more like 45-50k pa free house and tax free but Dxb is a cosmopolitan lifestyle. much more appealing than DOH or BAH

WenWe
16th Apr 2003, 20:06
I've got the EK payscale for a LAE in front of me at the mo':

Basic/license pay (lets say 4 types for example)/transport allowance/telephone allowance = 3712 USD per month

Accomodation = 2 bed appt or 80040 dirams pa (21868 USD)

No overtime

42 days annual leave

That package IMHO is laughable.............

swede-basher
17th Apr 2003, 18:19
Nothing like that at QR, If you have a wife and kids you will have to subsidise Housing/schooling from your salary as allowances just don't do it.