PDA

View Full Version : Opera V7.03

reracker
8th Apr 2003, 06:41
Scrolling using the mouse wheel

Has anybody any idea how the hell I can make Opera scroll using the mouse wheel ??? V6 was fine but since I installed V7 it won't do it. The only help I can find on Opera's FAQ's is how to enable soft scroll.

Please help

:confused:

olderairhead
11th Apr 2003, 13:45
I use Opera 7.0 with a microsoft mouse and have no problems. However I did find the following from the Opera help site that may assist.

"If you are using the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer and cannot use the navigation (back and forward) buttons with Opera, please update your drivers to the latest ones from the following URL:
www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouse/download.asp"

Slightly adrift of your problem but I have downloaded and installed the latest drivers for my mouse so this may resolve your problem as well. Worth a try.

SeldomFixit
12th Apr 2003, 17:31
Not on topic really but an opportune time to solicit opinions on Opera vs IE.........version whatever. Pros and cons from those who've used it welcome so that I may ruminate.
Thanks
SF

18-Wheeler
12th Apr 2003, 20:34
I would only consider using IE if it was the only browser available.
I find it (when I have to use someone else's computer) terribly unweildy, slow, and hard to use compared to Opera.
Opera has 'mouse gestures' which lets you flick back & forth through pages extrememly quickly, and if on the rare chance it might crash it won't bring the whole computer down like IE can. It'll also pick right back up from where it left off.
I prefer Opera 6.05 over the latest 7.1 though, it seems to run a little better. Still testing though ...

phnuff
17th Apr 2003, 20:01
Am using IE 5 at the moment (work), and would never use it at home unless I happen to be on a site which requires it. For me, its Opera every time for many reasons (the interface, the speed and the simple and un-justifyable reason of 'not' microsoft.) I did actually try Netscape for the 'not Microsoft' reason and found that it appeared to put spyware everywhere and while I am in many way not paranoid ebough to lose sleep about it, decided to splat it on principal. Not sure if current version does .

One thing, at home, I am using (i think). Opera 7.03. The email handling takes a bit of getting used to in that the way it handles folders, but when understood is fine. I did find that the import of contacts was a bit of a hit or miss affair as well