PDA

View Full Version : Impressive Sight

Patsy 001
3rd Apr 2001, 23:55
I posted this on Sunday, but for some reason it doesn't seem to have posted. Maybe it was deleted because there was no point to it, but anyway here goes again...

This sight made my weekend (no it wasn't Anthea Turner doing naked gymnastics in my garden!. I was doing circuits on Saturday morning when I heard a continental European voice on the radio announcing an 8 mile final. I didn't recognise the callsign, so looked at the approach and saw a fantastic sight - an Antonov AN 124 in all its glory. We had just turned downwind and had a superb view of its approach and touchdown (by craning my neck).

Bloody marvellous!

Good Luck

Patsy 001
4th Apr 2001, 00:01
...at Belfast International

RVR800
4th Apr 2001, 16:25
8 nm 4 minutes ?

smallfish
4th Apr 2001, 17:03
Hey Patsy, don't worry, it seems a few posts went missing over the weekend with the change of server (so I've been told). Your post is most valid. Must have been an impressive sight.

VFE
4th Apr 2001, 19:31
Wow - supurb! I love the big Rushkies.

I was allowed the jumpseat on a Go-Fly flight into STN last year and there was an An-124 parked over the farside of the field. What a monster, like to know what the glide spec is!!

VFE.

cortilla
4th Apr 2001, 21:27
if you want to do some serious ruskie spotting, then go to ostende. Always several Il 76s on the apron, and 9times out of ten when i flew in there was an An 124 on the apron NICE