PDA

View Full Version : How do you log time in Europe?

Martin1234
7th Apr 2003, 13:57
In the FAA world you can log PIC even as a student as long as you are:

1) rated in the aircraft
2) sole manipulator of the controls

Is that the case in accordance to JAA regs as well? What is the minimum distance in order to log a flight as xc?

redbar1
7th Apr 2003, 18:12
Martin,
There are quite some differences between FAA and JAA. In general terms, you'll have to be pilot-in-command to log the time as PIC, including (approved) SPIC and PICUS flying. You will want to read the relevant regulations here (http://www.jaa.nl/section1/jars/39/36/393677/393677.pdf) . JAR-FCL 2, item 2.080 (c)(1) Logging of flight time, Pilot-in-command, (w/explanatory material), page 1-A-9.

Cheers,

rotordk
7th Apr 2003, 19:45
Logging of xc time is the same JAA vs FAA.
Anytime you leave the traffic pattern ( or the point where tower
no longer are visual with your A/C)!! My thoughts only !!
With regards to certification, you have to meet the distance requirements set forth in the regs.
Again, it's not spelled out in any of the regs, be it JAA/FAA !

advancing_blade
9th Apr 2003, 07:22
Having done it the other way, I can offer the following:

PIC time logged in your FAA log book, that was actually with an instructor. Is not allowed as PIC in the JAA. I actually had a PIC shortfall, for the hours I have, as ALL dual is counted as dual and not PIC. PIC will be allowed when you are solo, or when PIC in a multi crew situation.

For the good news though, I have found that XC is more easily built under JAA , asin the US you need, I believe, 25 nm straight line distance AND a landing