View Full Version : Shri Lanka

countbat
7th Apr 2003, 03:43
Anybody any imputs from Shri Lanka? I was offered a contract to fly cargo out of City of Colombo. Any info appreciated. Life style, advices, what to do and what to not do.
Many thanks

ironbutt57
12th Apr 2003, 12:20
Never seen it spelled with the "h" in the name...

JoeCo
12th Apr 2003, 17:46
You see, the trick is to try and spell the name of the company correctly. That way people will most likely offer you some valuable advice oppose to looking at you as just another George W.

INMARSAT
25th Apr 2003, 21:37
countbat

the life in Sri Lanka is good mate, well bit humid , but probabaly they wil give you aan A/c apartmenet etc, by the way whats your company ? it depends on the conpany as well , how well they want to treat the crew etc. but the counry is geting better and better ( hurahhhhhhhhhh) ,, but on weekends there are nice places to explore such as the Up country , downsouth etc,,

Good Luck ,,,,

DILANO7
15th May 2003, 09:05
sri lanka is a beautiful place mate, they got a lot of lovely beaches on the east coast not to say the south looks bad or something, got wonderful stuff there as well. well the food, a wide variety so no problem, the weather tropical, lots of rain and sun, very humid but its part and parcel of the thing isn't it?
which company are you gunning for? well you could even take a look at the national airline in srilankan airlines, operate an all airbus fleet and seems to be a very very good one too.
i heard its a lovely airline to work for and one the the best around in that region. anyway, cheers mate and happy flying there, be sure to check out the nightlife, now thats happenning....

sharuk khan
5th May 2005, 06:08
Hi,
The latest on Sri Lanka is as follows-
Nice place, recovering well after the tsunami. The tourists are back and so is the sun and rain.
Flying is good, wonder what Cargo outfit you are looking at?
The national carrier is a super place to start off with.....
Need to be rated on AB's as it's all AB fleet.
Check their website for vacancies.
They treat pilots well....I heard.

newscaster
5th May 2005, 13:46
Natives can continue to pronounce it as they like but to me, a foreigner it will remain "Sree Lanka" or "Siri Lanka", dont expect me to call Iran "Eeron" or Paris "Pahree" either.

Dani
5th May 2005, 13:49
Donno what you think but some guys seem to be geographically challenged - Sri Lanka (as well as Thailand) doesn't belong to the Middle East.

I also heard other things of Sri Lanka if you do not belong to the first flying league (flag carrier), so if you want detailed information please PM me.

Dani

newscaster
5th May 2005, 13:53
Actually none of the South Asian countries Afghanistan, Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka belong in this forum nor in the Far East one, but since theres no forum for these places they come closest to Middle East, atleast Afghanistan, Pakistan and western India do.