PDA

View Full Version : Air Tanzania Limited "created"

Gunship
7th Apr 2003, 00:22
South African Airways and Air Tanzania on Monday launched a new airline, Air Tanzania Limited (ATL) in Dar es Salaam. In a joint statement, SAA and Air Tanzania said that as from Tuesday ATL would not only offer direct flights between Johannesburg and Dar Es Salaam, but also to Zanzibar and Kilimanjaro. The new Air Tanzania is 49 percent owned by SAA and 51 percent by the government of Tanzania. SAA president and chief executive officer Andre Viljoen said: "With this partnership and our ever-growing route network, SAA realises our commitment to quality service and vigorous competition in free markets.

BAKELA
7th Apr 2003, 23:10
The ATL operation started sometime early March I think. The limited domestic ATL flights were operated by a Jetstream 41 from Airlink and it has now been replaced by 2 x Dash 8's from SA Express.

I've heard the crews view it sort of as a 'bush tour'. :D

AfricanSkies
9th Apr 2003, 19:41
Tanzania...now theres a place where the collective IQ is lower than the QNH...sitting in the cafeteria in Dar one day, we catch the waitresses eye, she ambles over and we order a bottle of club soda each. Do we want ice with that? Yes please. And off she trots. And comes back 10 minutes later with a big bottle of still mineral water on a tray. Um, no, we ordered Club Soda. Dark look. Returns to counter 10m away. 10 minutes later she still has not returned. With the club soda now suspect we buttonhole another waitress and order two Fantas instead. The original one returns with a small still mineral water. We cancel the water order. The second waitress returns and asks if we want the Fanta cold? yes please we ask, looking at each other in consternation, it be 40 something outside. "We dont have Fanta cold, only Fanta orange...."

BAKELA
9th Apr 2003, 23:00
No matter if dey tink and what dey tink. When dey pay the mooney I do de job and pockeet de mooney. :)

Great one on the Fanta cold AS. :ok: