PDA

View Full Version : Any positions at RBA

Air Mike 957
6th Apr 2003, 07:58
Does anybody have any info if RBA are,or considering recruiting in the near future or are all positions being filled via rishworth?

Wings
16th Apr 2003, 16:01
All recruitment is now via Rishworth. You will need a B 767 or B 757 rating on a JAA or NZ ATPL as well as a couple of other requirements I'm not sure of, but I think are minimum flying hours (1500).
We are short of pilots and we are getting more aircraft. Organization being what it is and the training department being as small as it is means that new recruits are secondary to promoting new captains and just keeping the 6 monthly OPC / LPC sim checks going.
For more info write to either
The Flight Ops Manager
Captain Sheik Rashid
or
The Director of Flight Operations
Captain John Caborn

Flight Operations
Royal Brunei Airlines
P.O. Box 737
Bandar Seri Begawan
BS 8671
Brunei Darussalam
South East Asia

Good Luck

b777900
22nd Apr 2003, 20:20
I doubt RBA will need more pilots at the moment, especially if the RTA contract stops. Havnt they taken quite a few lately to cover the loss of crew to the A319s.

New F s are still recruited by Rishworth, then after a year go direct RBA contract. This is done so they can be terminated after 1 year if required. (none have). yet didnt a few long serving (therefore higher paid) Capts and FOs get laid off a while back while keeping the Rishworth. Why continue with the Rishworth charade. Seems like someone is doing extremely well out of this Rishworth deal, and not only Rishworth?.

Ttree Ttrimmer
30th Apr 2003, 06:40
I heard rumour today at the house on the hill of possible direct entry captains being hired with some possible returnees from the days of old.

Any one heard same?

HackneyedHarry
2nd May 2003, 15:36
Ttree,

Heard the same. Any ideas on who it may be? Noticed one returnee at Dereks leaving bash.

Ttree Ttrimmer
3rd May 2003, 21:19
There were some suggestions but no more than speculation. Probably easier to tell who it wouldn't be.

Sad to see Derek go after all this time but he has been looking to leave for a couple of years now. While we would all love to see him back, I, for one, hope we don't as he deserves better! Best of luck and thanks for the bash.

View From The Ground
7th May 2003, 05:55
Assume we are talking Derek Tregilgas here can anyone enlighten me as to where he has gone? Or is he supping beer in sunny Essex as we speak?

desmadronic
11th May 2003, 04:55
Derek has gone back to sunny Clacton on Sea and has a 757 job as Fleet manager. Good luck to him, who will JC have to play with now??

Jet_A_Knight
14th May 2003, 11:10
What are the basings?

What is the renumeration package worth?

Are Australian ATPL's considered?

COWPAT
14th May 2003, 16:58
Brunei

Peanuts

No

slice
17th May 2003, 14:07
Jet_A_kinght you can obtain an NZ ATPL from your OZ one through the TTMRA (see NZ CAA website). Costs NZ$110. If you don't have a 76 rating then I beleive AirNZ does them (probably relatively cheap for Aus guys due currency).

:8

big buddah
17th May 2003, 17:49
Can someone expand on peanuts?

During and after Rishworth?

COWPAT
18th May 2003, 13:33
During Rishworth.....Very small peanuts, but enough just to live on. Paid in NZ $ so watch the exchange rate.

Post Rishworth, better, but not that much. No pay rise been awarded for at least 10 years, increments cancelled and various allowances withdrawn.

A very good month as an FO will net you about Sin$8000 including all allowances, etc. And after 1 year...no increment, no pay rise but the cost of living continues to go up.

Up side is that most of the chaps are good to fly with, training is good and you get 8 weeks holiday - post Rishworth. New routes in pipeline to Auckland, Sydney and a few other destinations on top.

Its no career move but it can be a decent stepping stone.