PDA

View Full Version : CFMU

bladums
6th Apr 2003, 07:35
Would anyone know what CFMU is?

Also where could one find more info on this subject?

Many thanx

Bladums

PPRuNe Radar
6th Apr 2003, 07:44
It's the Central Flow Management Unit.

More info here:

CFMU (http://www.cfmu.eurocontrol.int/index.html)

bladums
6th Apr 2003, 07:51
Many Thanx Pprune Radar.

That hit the nail right on the head.

Whooaahh
7th Apr 2003, 17:34
That is really scary!!

Someone who lists his occupation as "Ops" to ask in a public forum what CFMU is!

It is truly frightening the level of inexperience that people can get away with and still find a job in Ops. :(

Whooaahh!!!

Billy The Squid
7th Apr 2003, 22:37
Whooaah, That was a tiny bit harsh I felt. It could be that the poor chap has literally just started out and may not have been told yet. As one who experienced a distinct lack of training in my first airline I know you have to sometimes find the even the basic things out for yourself. :cool:

Lifeguard2728
8th Apr 2003, 19:15
Baldrums,

You asking what CFMU means ?? - Haven't u applied for the ANA ops position at EGLL ??

God Help ANA !!!! & any other otherline u try out for.

Rgds

LF2728

bladums
8th Apr 2003, 19:31
Some people are very helpful, billy the squid, radar Thanks.
I Admit my questioning may have come across a little basic, or maybe it was intentionally vague.
some people are just big headed know it alls, lifeguard funny you choose that screen name because you are already my hero. What a fountain of knowledge!!

"God help ANA" ???? God help the people you work/live with everyday you must bore them rigid - Go take some photo's!

justforfun
8th Apr 2003, 23:32
Not wanting to get involved in any slanging match here, but anyone, and I mean ANYONE working in Ops not knowing what CFMU is... that is extremely worrying - this is the most basic of basic information in this industry.

I would not consider someone a "big headed know it all", just 'cos they know what CFMU is and expressed surprise - I'm sure most who have read this thread so far will have been of the same opinion!

Like has been said before - good luck in the future mate, but for those of us who have been in the business for a while, it is quite disturbing... :rolleyes:

JFF

PPRuNe Radar
9th Apr 2003, 00:56
There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers .... it says so here in my Management Training book.

So we'll park this thread here before it gets any further off topic.