PDA

View Full Version : Grob Flight Simulator

GooseBall
3rd Apr 2001, 13:54
Dear All

I am a UAS student currently working on my dissertation which is the evaluation of a simple Grob Flight Simulator (Using Flight Simulator 2000.) I will shortly be testing the sim with some instructors from an Air Squadron and was wondering whether anyone out there had anything they would be willing to contribute?

The idea is to allow students who don't get the continuity of intensive flying training to practice checks and simple flying like circuits and even instrument flying on a PC.

At present, as far as I know there is only a 'check's simulator' in .pdf format which, whilst helpful, doesn't actually give any idea of the functionality of the aircraft. The Simulator I am working on will have working gauges and the 'student will be able to interact with pretty much everything in the cockpit as well as actually flying in the pretty realistic FS2000 environment.

Anyone currently training have any input? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

simfly
3rd Apr 2001, 15:51
GooseBall,

I am currently teaching Air Cadets on a Grob 109 with FS2000 (totlly unrealistic though!!) so that they are up to speed when they do it for real. I am trying to find a better aircraft to use so if I can help evaluate your aircraft, let me know. By the way, which uni and UAS are you at, got friends and family down there.

------------------
[email protected]

The ground won't hurt you, if you hit it hard enough!

GooseBall
3rd Apr 2001, 16:35
Thanks simfly,

My main problem is limited time, I have 4 weeks left for the evaluation stage. If you would like to give it a try that would be much appreciated. Email me at [email protected] for more details.

Thanks
GB

Unusual Attitude
4th Apr 2001, 00:16
Used to fly the 109 for a VGS if that helps, not flown the 115 though unfortunately !!

Both very different machines.

Regards

UA