PDA

View Full Version : WANNABE SEMINARS - CHECK THIS OUT PLEASE!

InFinRetirement
3rd Apr 2001, 13:19
Here are the names I have so far of the people who have paid, or who have confirmed their payments. There are probably TEN seminar payments that I cannot identify for several reasons. So, if your 'handle' is NOT listed and you HAVE paid you should e-mail me right away with the details of you your name AND handle, as well as date of transfer.

With the TEN above this makes a probable total of around 48 coming to the seminars. This is now two short of the 50 we wanted and I hope someone will take up the spaces. I e-mailed everyone on the wait list and even some of those didn't respond. I will never understand but I will remember.

The list so far:
k_shirtcliffe / Homer Simpson / Delta Wun Wun / VFE / Spin / Foghorn / X-Ray Lima / On the Bog / Autofly / pjdj / Patsy 001 / Jetpup / Flying Sheep / Swashplate / Sam Flying / Snigs / Skin Friction / Scott 1977 / Hap / Mike Sierra / Tinstaafl / G-SXTY / GJB / Gibfest / Pilch / Redsnail / hasell / Superfly / Feetnkneestogether / Vicious Squirell / Ppruned Partner / Hot+Heavy / Blindside / SonOfWangeye / Sagey / The Man Formerly Known as.. / Mike Tango / GPS Approach / Mach1 / Pipster1 / martinf / VTOL / flyfish / Flik / RJ6500 / Flying Finn / Capt.Wannabe / Dizzy / Catswhisker /(49)

So, let me know if you should be included because you have paid. The system of e-mail and banks is imperfect so I will do my best to sort it.

IFR

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 20 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 23 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 24 April 2001).]

VFE
3rd Apr 2001, 21:05
Nice one IFR.

Back to the top.

Sagey
3rd Apr 2001, 21:17
I think I put my name down on the "reserve list" some time ago.

Have not received any emails etc

Does this mean I have no chance etc

Many thanks

Sagey

Autofly
4th Apr 2001, 00:57
Anyone going to this live near Birmingham and want to share a lift. I've got a company car which needs some mile putting on it :) :).

If anyone is interested send me an e-mail.

Autofly

HomerSimpson
4th Apr 2001, 04:18
I'm going down form the Wirral area. If anyone wants to join me for the drive.....

------------------
Duff, Duff, that Wonderful stuff. Ummmmm Doughnuts

sam_flying
4th Apr 2001, 11:42
I will be going from the Reading/Basingstoke area.....and have one spare seat going (have old two seater MG) if anyone wants a lift.

G SXTY
4th Apr 2001, 17:07
Many thanks IFR! I'm chuffed to be on the final list, particularly as I hadn't even applied :)(June 9th clashes with our honeymoon http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif). The money was just my donation to the fund.

However, the woman soon to be known as Mrs SXTY has taken pity on me and agreed to come back a couple of days early, so I'll see you all there - woo hoo!!

You'll recognise me by the pink eyes and the suitcase full of Red Bull. ;)

------------------
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit pruning.

InFinRetirement
4th Apr 2001, 17:19
What a convenient mistake ;)

Are you planning to continue your honeymoon at the Bash? No! Well we can relieve you of the Red Bull - no problem.

I can even arrange a honeymoon suite. Nah! On second thoughts not such a good idea. :)

Well the dedication stakes have just been awarded to you G-60. What a sacrifice!

Anyway from all of us, all 30,000, have a good wedding and a special honeymoon.

Perhaps Huggy can come up with bells and whistles that work on PPRuNe!

Patsy 001
4th Apr 2001, 22:17
Don't suppose anyone is coming from NI, Belfast?

G 60 - good man yourself!!

Blindside
4th Apr 2001, 22:37
back up she goes

regards

------------------
Half man, Half jalfrezi.

[This message has been edited by Blindside (edited 07 April 2001).]

G SXTY
5th Apr 2001, 01:18
Aw, what can I say? I'm all made up - does this mean I won't have to buy a pint all evening? Then again, after PDX-SFO-LHR-LGW, I'd probably rather have a nice cup of tea.

Standby on that honeymoon suite IFR. Mrs. SXTY likes the idea at the moment, but after 2 weeks driving up the West Coast with me, she'll probably be only too glad to get rid of me for an evening!
:) :)

------------------

The Greener Grass
5th Apr 2001, 01:29
IFR

I have not received an email from you - yet I was on the wait list?

TGG

The flying gunman
5th Apr 2001, 13:25
IFR,

I was taken out of the country at extremely short notice for work(2hrs!).Hope I am not too late now I can pay the cash in tomorrow-6th. If you have given my place away I understand

Cheers
TFG

------------------
He who smiles when the sh** hits the fan has found someone else to blame!

InFinRetirement
5th Apr 2001, 15:23
Greener Grass and Flying Gunman, get your money in. I have included you both as of now.

E-mail me please with BOTH for name and handle when you have done it.

That makes 35. Anyone else out of the original 76 who said they would like to be included??????

Mach 1
5th Apr 2001, 15:39
I was on the original wait list too, but don't seem to have received an email IFR?

If you can email me at [email protected], with the relevant instructions, I'll get the cash transferred today.

GPS Approach
5th Apr 2001, 17:21
IFR,

I paid my £10 into the Islington branch of RBS, Payee name was Roberto Savage, Reference on paying in slip was my handle GPS Approach. Can you let me know if you received it O.K.

Look forward to meeting everyone on 9th June,

Regards,

GPS Approach.

------------------
Aargh, that was the taxiway we landed on!

InFinRetirement
7th Apr 2001, 18:29
Mach1, Ok you are in. Get the cash transferred soon as you can.

I NEED more people for the seminars. I originally had 85 - 65 of whom pestered for a slot. Now it's my turn, get into gear and support this please - IT'S FOR YOU! I have only 37 and you don't have to be good at arithmatic to see how many let the side down.

So, if you still want a place let me know right away.

HomerSimpson
9th Apr 2001, 00:48
Back to the top

G SXTY
9th Apr 2001, 01:09
So does this mean that when one day we have a pprune scholarship, there'll only be 37 applicants? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Come on chaps, you'll have to show a little more commitment than this if you want to make it as commercial pilots. . . I'd be a little bit embarrassed if I'd pestered for a place at the seminars, then not bothered going, and then had to try and explain why at an interview. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif

A lot of people are putting themselves out for our benefit, and at the very least we could make the effort to turn up.

Rant over, & G-SXTY has left the building.

------------------

InFinRetirement
9th Apr 2001, 21:00
It just got 38 G-SXTY, but if the 10 who have paid don't let me know who they are it will be 38.

Funny innit?

[This message has been edited by InFinRetirement (edited 09 April 2001).]

InFinRetirement
11th Apr 2001, 00:18
Meant to say 48. I'm crackin up!

G - HIGH
11th Apr 2001, 00:52
I'm up for it. If by the time you read this there STILL spaces left, then mail me at [email protected] and give me some details (i.e. how do i pay etc..)

Flik
11th Apr 2001, 11:01
I'm *definitely* up for it. If you still have space, please can I have 2 places. If you could e-mail me the instructions for payment, etc on [email protected] I'll get the cash transferred straight-away.

Capt Wannabee
11th Apr 2001, 11:26
I must have missed the original thread while I was out of the country. When is the date of the seminar and is it to late to get my name put down?

The Greener Grass
11th Apr 2001, 18:11
IFR

I am afraid I am not going to be able to make it as it conflicts with finishing my PPL, that is why I was deliberating slightly, so please open my place up to somebody else.

Thanks anyway.

InFinRetirement
12th Apr 2001, 14:49
Back to the top

InFinRetirement
14th Apr 2001, 14:47
Capt.Wannabe and G-HIGH.

There are places left and if you go to the relevant page you will see the details. Go to the begining of this thread first. Then go back and look for the seminars thread. If you get stuck e-mail me but I will reserve spaces for you.

The cost is £10 for the seminars only. Or, £35 to include the Bash. 18 or over only BTW.

InFinRetirement
14th Apr 2001, 17:37
If the last FOUR people to ask for a place on the seminars take them up. The list is NOW CLOSED.

If anyone would like to be considered as replacements just put your name on this thread. If any drop out the first on the list will be offered their place.

scroggs
15th Apr 2001, 14:18
Can I come? Pretty please? I'll be good, honest - I'll just sit at the back and be quiet. And tell a few stories. For a beer or ten. Oh, gowaannnn!!!

InFinRetirement
15th Apr 2001, 19:32
Sorry mate, all places have gone!

What some people will do for a beer! And sit quiet at the back!!!! No chance. Mind you there is that nice Overtorque who can twist rather well!

scroggs
16th Apr 2001, 03:41
Oh God; Overtorque. We've done a bit of that twisting stuff in the past. I'm still recovering. I might just sit at the back and suck my thumb, whimpering.

Unless she buys me LOTS of beer!

GJB
16th Apr 2001, 12:33
Can someone re-post the bank details please -the money hasn't come off my account yet??

Will talk to the bank tomorrow.

Buggs
16th Apr 2001, 19:49
IFR,

I was on the original wait list but have yet to receive any e-mail regarding this seminar. I believe I said that I didn't know when my finals were. I now do and my last exam is on the 8th. Please e-mail me: [email protected]

Cheers,
Buggs

InFinRetirement
18th Apr 2001, 12:05
Buggs, I'll check that but everyone was asked two or three times and you certainly didn't respond.

Really sorry, but the list is now closed.

Buggs
18th Apr 2001, 15:00
IFR,

I dispute that. I haven't received a single e-mail about this seminar, and certainly would have responded if I had. The address is current and I can see no reason why I shouldn't have received any mail from you.

Be assured that I am interested and haven't been purposefully ignoring you!

Regards,
Buggs

[This message has been edited by Buggs (edited 18 April 2001).]

VTOL
18th Apr 2001, 20:07
Blimey, been away for a little while (can't PPrune at work any more) and as such I have only just seen this message. I paid almost immediately I'll check the details and mail them to you IFR...

VTOL

Goldfinger
18th Apr 2001, 21:28
InFinRetirement (if a slot becomes available at the last minute due to drop-outs) i would like to come along if at all possible. .

email: [email protected]

thanks

InFinRetirement
20th Apr 2001, 22:19
Buggs you are NOT on MY original list I am afraid. Sorry.

VTOL, check you payment - I don't appear to have had it. Let me know if there has been an error. Might even be mine.

Some who I have agreed to over the past week have STILL not confirmed. Flying Gunman, G-HIGH - Nothing!!

FLIK, got your two payments this morning, thanks.

7 days guys for your promised payments or I give the spaces to others - let me know when you have paid please.

InFinRetirement
21st Apr 2001, 22:22
Back to the top!

InFinRetirement
22nd Apr 2001, 01:37
GJB. E-mail me and I will get right back to you.

IFR

InFinRetirement
22nd Apr 2001, 18:42
THIS, is the Seminar list. If you think you should be on it because you have paid you had better let me know soonest.

Patsy 001
22nd Apr 2001, 21:26
Where's the list?

Patsy 001
22nd Apr 2001, 21:32
Oh...I think I see it - is it the list on the first post of this thread last edited by IFR on 20 April?

InFinRetirement
22nd Apr 2001, 21:51
Patsy 001. Yep you got it. You are on there so you are OK.

InFinRetirement
23rd Apr 2001, 22:31
Back to the top! Please read: The list of people attening on the FIRST page. If you have paid and YOUR name is NOT there please let me know by e-mail.l

Buggs
24th Apr 2001, 00:21
IFR,

According to the the original sign up list, I was the fourth person to ask to go on the waiting list. I was under the impression that that was THE list.

Thanks anyway.

InFinRetirement
26th Apr 2001, 01:36
Up to the top

InFinRetirement
28th Apr 2001, 00:47
Please have agood look at the TWO threads on unidentifiable payments.

And the Gatbash thread - if you have paid.

InFinRetirement
28th Apr 2001, 00:52
The list is now closed!