PDA

View Full Version : Requirements

leee
5th Apr 2003, 13:32
Hi,

I posted before and nobody wanted to reply!!! but hey im still curious!!
so......

What kind of requirements do UK firms want for an entry level position?? anything from oil rigs to police to news copter???
I'm thinking of coming back home in a year or so and would like to know what i need so i dont have to get a job at McDonalds!!!

Cheers Lee...

Thomas coupling
5th Apr 2003, 14:14
How much do you want to earn?
where do you want to work?
what type of helo work do you want?
What are your quals?

This might help with peoples level of advice........

leee
9th Apr 2003, 01:57
Hi,

Well enough money to live on and support a family would be nice.
Dont mind where really, middle of England would be nice as thats where all the relatives are ( but i dont want to be to close to them, hahaha ) and i dont mind what kind of machine. just looking for general info testing the waters kinda thing.
Ive been looking through web sites but not many companies advertise vacancies on thier own sites, and i'm not close enough yet to ask for work ( just over 1000 hrs piston with a few hours turbine)

So anyone have some general info???

Cheers Lee...

Slotty
9th Apr 2003, 02:18
What kind of licence do you hold? What country? What types? do you Instruct? You may have to convert first and that ain't simple. Rigs will take you with just a CPL and minimum hours if they're looking but most people are getting an IR first before applying, Police are looking for lots more turbine than you have. post again with more information.

talvin
9th Apr 2003, 20:42
Hi,

I'd like to know your opinion about my possibilities on the international offshore business and the best way to contact with companies (email, fax...)

-European OACI ATPL(H)/IR (Sorry, due to confidential reasons I can't post my country).
-JAR CPL(A)/IR(A)/ME (Frozen ATPL(A))
- 2400 hours TT
- 2000+ hours A109 (700 PIC)
- 1900+ hours on overwater/offshore operations.

Cheers

leee
10th Apr 2003, 09:27
hi, well i have an american and Canadian cpl which i know i will have to convert. i was instructing but i'm finding different work at the mo, thats why i'm trying to find out the mins etc so if i come back to the UK sometime in the future it wont be a nasty shock when i'm looking for work.
Really looking for very general info like the min that the rigs would look at you with, or how much turbine time the police generally want.

Cheers Lee...

:confused: