PDA

View Full Version : flight school/ air transport ops

liquidhockey
3rd Apr 2001, 00:34
can someone who knows about these things answer me this?
I can't decide whether to go straight from college to flight school and get my frozen ATPL (cheaper option), or goto city and do the air transport ops degree in which i get a frozen ATPL (much more expensive).
The thing is i am on a tight budget and if i will DEFINATLY get a job within a year or so with going straight to flight school and getting my ATPL then there would be no point in me spending the 20,000£ more to do the degree if i would get a job anyway.
Can someone PLEASE help im REALLY need to know.
Thanks a lot
Dave

liquidhockey
3rd Apr 2001, 19:38
anyone ?
please help me i REALLY need to know this

Trislander
4th Apr 2001, 13:58
As you already know mate, I am in the same boat as you. I am also thinking about a uni course in the USA as it is cheaper there, and you are more likely to get a living/working permit to go to the US. Also attracted to the low cost ATPL-only route though. What do you think about the US idea? I would rather go there than London. If not then I will just do my ATPL.
Write back,
Cheers, Tri

liquidhockey
5th Apr 2001, 00:04
alrite tri?
whats ur e-mail address?
are you on aol?
mine is [email protected]
im trying to find out if doing the air transport ops course makes a REALLY big difference to airlines hiring you.cos its about 15-20 k more expensive and if it doesnt really matter then you have just wasted all them notes.
write back soon or e-mail me cos its interesting talking to people in my boat.
Have a good one
Dave