PDA

View Full Version : Suppose ...........

Ja
2nd Apr 2001, 22:30
we all went on strike!!.. Go as far as PPL, declare an interest in becoming a commercial pilot but, do not take our training any further.......

Wait for the shortage, starve the CAA of exam fees, type rating fees, admin fees (that would be a good one!), the schools of our hard earned/borrowed cash.

We could all just tootle around in our C152s etc, PPLing, having a good time, fly ins etc. and when asked why we don't take our skill to professional level because, after all (according to everyone else) professional pilots are well off(!) we could cite the oversight by the powers that be of the need for some sort of Gov/Dept of Education help with the financial burden.

sorry .... the ramblings of someone just a bit fed up of it all right now with yet more self funded costs to face for IR renewal etc.

------------------
VNE or nothing

schuler_tuned
2nd Apr 2001, 23:09
milatancy? my god, are you french?

[This message has been edited by schuler_tuned (edited 02 April 2001).]

Toby Tyke
3rd Apr 2001, 02:14
Too right Ja, just forked out eighty quid to renew my medical recently and I have my IR renewal shortly.

rgds
toby

ronchonner
3rd Apr 2001, 03:43
you are right,
but i have a FAA license, have tousand of hours, i keep my licenses for the life(ATP/CPL).I have to do 6 IFR approaches in the last 6 months.I work as a pilot...
and my training did nt cost me a lot.1/5 of a JAA license.Leave the Jarland and come back later! :)