PDA

View Full Version : QantasLink B717 PPrune Charter

Rorta
1st Apr 2003, 20:34
I am helping with the organising of a fundraiser for the NSW Chapter of the Australian Society of Philanthropy - the proceeds will go to a designated worthy charity (NSW based), to be decided at it's next meeting in Mid March.

As the downturn in domestic air travel is biting a little Qantaslink have agreed to make available at cost only a B717 for a 30 minute charter flight from Sydney on Saturday 10th May. The route will be decided on the day with respect to weather conditions, but is planned to be along the North Coast of Sydney, circuit direction subject to duty runway (we have an insider at Sydney Air Traffic Control helping us with this - thanks Stavros!;) ).

Already we have 100 seats sold to corporate clients in Sydney which mean we are making a worthwhile profit for the charities - the remaining 17 seats we have decided to open to those outside the corporate sphere who will be putting the icing on the cake to some needy cause. Because of this the cost will be only $50 per seat! Going to a worthy cause, and it is a 100% tax deduction!

Champagne will be provided on the flight courtesy of Vintage Cellars, and each passenger will receive a free Kodak Disposable Camera on board to remember the occassion courtesy of Kodak One Hour Photo.

The flight will depart from the Qantas Domestic Terminal at 10:00 on Sat 10th May, check in at the gate only. Tickets will be 'paper', actually a souvenir print courtesy of Go-Print, and will be sent out to you by mail well in advance.

If you are interested please email me for more information on how to book and get your ticket at: [email protected]

Be Quick!!

Rorta

http://www.qantas.com.au/img/page_graphics/graphics/flying_with_us/in_the_air/our_aircraft/img_717200.gif

Woomera
1st Apr 2003, 21:48
Australian Society of Philanthropy

OK I'll bite, who are they and what and to whom do they offer their philanthropy.

Happy to support the industry and philanthropy, but need a bit more info please.

Keg
2nd Apr 2003, 04:19
...and with the handle 'rorter' no less! :D

Kaptin M
2nd Apr 2003, 05:32
..and a Hotmail address.
Obviously a well established foundation!

I was under the impression that April Fool's Day pranks had to be initiated before noon, otherwise the one who tried to pull the prank was the fool.
This post is showing an entry time of 1330 ('ish) GMT - which was in fact almost April 2nd in parts of Oz.

So WHO's da fool!! :sad:

Torres
2nd Apr 2003, 07:35
Woomera. Oh yea of little faith! I did an ASIC search and came up with the following:

Extracted from ASIC's database at 10:13:48 on 02/04/2003
Name Australian Society of Philanthropy
ACN 008 392 452

ABN 64 008 392 452

Type Australian Public Company, Limited By Guarantee
Registration Date 13/10/1952
Status Registered
Locality of Registered Office Canberra ACT 2600
Jurisdiction Australian Securities & Investments Commission
Previous State ACT
Previous Number CL00000435

It seems the Society has been in existence for over 50 years.

I contacted the email address and – lo and behold – have a confirmed booking!

I also received an electronic brochure. Apparently, they have booked the Sydney Symphony Orchestra to provide in flight entertainment and the usual Qantas cabin staff will be supplemented with guest attendants from US based Hooters Air.

Woomera. See ya on the flight and we’ll share a little of that Vintage champers! :}

Kaptin M
2nd Apr 2003, 09:35
Yeah, and anyone who wants to have a fly will be able to as well, won't they Torres!!

Lucky you've got Stavros on side - he's been invaluable in moving me up a slot or two during peak periods. :cool:

375ml
2nd Apr 2003, 13:17
I suspect whoever started this has cleared one too many RWY 15 ILS approaches.

Torres
2nd Apr 2003, 14:17
Dunno Kaptin. I'll ask them - am sure they'd oblige. Why not, Aeroflot used to let the passengers (and even the pilot's kids) have a play in the "front office".

Gee, I've always wanted to try a take off and landing in one of those things. I can just see it...........

"Welcome aboard Philanthropists, Prooners ... and others! Your crew today is Captain Torres and First Officer Woomera........."

:} :}

Interesting news report on radio 4ZR Roma yesterday morning when a reporter reported live on the sighting of a six foot croc in Shady's Lagoon, a small waterhole in a park in the middle of Roma.

Seems the town saw one of it's first traffic jams when many of the population headed to Shady's Lagoon for a gekko.... Before looking at the calendar! :}

Kaptin M
2nd Apr 2003, 17:12
Methinks Torres, that you have more than just a passing interest in this thread :eek:

One of the most memorable and believable ones that I recall happened in Brisbane almost 20 years ago, when the Dean Brothers were being employed to demolish some of Brisbane's landmark buildings. They would, covertly and unannounced, commence work late at night or in the very early hours of the morning, so that by 8 or 9 am the building was almost completely destroyed, much to the chagrin of Brisbanites.
Anyway, one morning on April 1st, a radio station (I think the announcer was Wayne Roberts) advised its listeners that the Breakfast Creek Hotel - the much admired Brekkie Creek - had become a victim of the Dean's big metal ball.

Apparently all roads leading to The Creek (and at that time Brisbane Airport) were almost immediately jammed by irate drivers who were going to go and "thump the bejeezass" out of the Deans and Joe Bjelke. The radio stations similarly had their switchboards jammed as people rang in to angrily voice their abuse.

Actually I thought about posting one as well, Torres, saying that PPRuNe had placed an offer with Richard Branson to become a second major partner with Patricks, in Virgin Blue. However a few mates dropped in, and come noon time I was still feeling a bit the worse for wear - Aussie red is probably cheaper here than it is back home, which makes it taste eeeeeeeven better!!

Have you had any nibbles, as a matter of interest?

Torres
4th Apr 2003, 14:04
Nah, Kaptin. For once I'm not guilty! Just checked my repertoire of Proon names and can't find where I ever registered Rorta.

I find it amusing that Woomera bit! :} He's been very quiet on this thread since. Probably too embarrassed. :p

Rorta
7th Apr 2003, 15:08
Hmm, didn't think I would get so many bites... thanks to all those who booked. See you on the day.... and we have a special guest pilot confirmed....http://www.fashionwindows.com/room_service/2002/img/1john_travolta01.jpg

Woomera
7th Apr 2003, 20:12
Well there is the one where the Main Roads Dept were digging up the road in front of the local Uni.
So the local wags, future leaders of our community, ring up the coppers and tell them there are some Uni students dressed as road workers digging up the road, then nip down and tell the blokes in the road gang that there are a bunch of Uni kids dressed up as coppers coming to throw them off the site.

Hmmm Sydney Symphony Orchestra = 60 plus 100 corporate guests, plus Hooters, I think Capt Torres, that you should fly under the bridge after departure rather than attempt a climb, whilst I organise a clearance up the lane.
And whilst you are wrestling with the ship I will be briefing the Chief Hooter on what might be her last opportunity before I send her, oops, she goes to heaven. :D

FO Woomera.:}

Kaptin M
8th Apr 2003, 06:01
Naughty boys http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/aircraft/F16-01.gif

Off to the Sin Bin for both of you!! http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/MiscSmallman.gif http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/MiscSmallman.gif

Torres
8th Apr 2003, 07:18
A good - and very timely - thread! :}

The "company search" by the way, is in reality, the Australian Society of Accountants. In view of Rorta's nic, I thought that appropriate! I wonder how many did an ASIC search on the ABN? :p :p :p

Rorta
9th Apr 2003, 05:40
Recce flights have commenced for the intended route..

http://home.st.net.au/~dunn/qbridge.jpg