View Full Version : PanAm=EFT?

jlms
2nd Apr 2001, 16:46
Hi.

Are PanAm Academy and European Flight Training related in any way? They both seem to be in Ft. Pierce, FL, USA offering JAA licences.

Thank you very much.

jlms

Mr Crabtree
2nd Apr 2001, 16:53
last i heard Pan Am were bankrupt.

rolling circle
2nd Apr 2001, 23:34
EFT is being started up by two guys who used to work for PanAm. Any 'relationship' between the two is ditinctly strained.

I should change your news provider, Mr Crabtree. You are severely out of touch.

VFE
3rd Apr 2001, 02:16
Bankrupt?? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

I don't think so mate!

TR4A
3rd Apr 2001, 03:59
The Pan Am International Fight Academy was sold off and is operating under the same name. http://www.panamacademy.com/

The original facility is at Miami Airport (MIA) on 36th Street. It looks like they have grown.

PAN AM FEO B727 MIA 1989-1991

jlms
3rd Apr 2001, 11:45
Thanks guys.

Any comments on EFT? Anyone done anything with them?

Cheers.

jlms

Scam Am
3rd Apr 2001, 14:54
By the way. Pan Am International Flight Academy in Ft. Pierce Florida is an extremely disorganized organization. Prospective students are given an estimate of 40 or 50 thousand dollars for the program (which is outrageous) and by the time they are done are soaked for up to twice that. Flights are booked that are not needed. No Show rules are made up on the fly. No matter what happens, if you don't show up they charge you for the whole block of time they secretly booked you for. In the student manual they tell you that it's a verbal warning for the first one and then a written and then the third one is 50 bucks. But in reality if you showed up 17 minutes late you can't fly and owe 170 bucks for a 2 hour flight you can't take.
Instructor time is tacked on at 1.4 times what you fly. Half the fleet of about 24 aircraft are not working at all times.
It is chaos held together with bandaids and chewing gum. Go there and check it out. It's a mess. Take a tour. You will laugh.

Scam Am. I have edited your post because of serious allegations you have made. We at PPRuNe HQ have a rule that simply says that if you are prepared to reveal your identity and provide us with verifiable proof of it we will, within reason, allow a post to continue, but you must be prepared to back it up.

PPRuNe Pop
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Pop (edited 03 April 2001).]

VFE
3rd Apr 2001, 15:32
Spurious.

That is not what I saw when I was there.

[This message has been edited by VFE (edited 03 April 2001).]

The Flying Lamb
4th Apr 2001, 21:03
I am an ex PanAm student / current(ish) EFT student.

On an earlier thread I said that I left PanAm because of lack of Instructor and Aircraft availability. I personally did not leave on bad terms, however I do know that a certain member of staff at PanAm totally mis-read my posting to be a slagging off.

I know a few of PanAm's ex students that were not satisfied with the level of customer service they received whilst at Fort Pierce, and although the prime objective is to receive good flight training, just as important is it to be treated as a paying customer and not naughty school kids.... These are grown adults paying through the nose to achieve their ambitions and goals - Treat them with respect and they will return the gesture and would illiminate postings of a negative nature.

Now, on a more positive note...... EFT are in my mind the better choice and will quite happily recommend them to anyone (just leave me your e-mail's and I WILL reply).

Cheers.
tfl.

MANDA
5th Apr 2001, 15:39
THE FLYING LAMB,
Are you saying that students at PANAM are treated like school kids?
I go in a month, but don't really want to be going back to my school days!!!
Anybody out there willing to give some good and hard facts about PANAM
Regards,
Paul (MANDA)

VFE
5th Apr 2001, 21:33
Paul,

I went out to PanAm, Fort Pierce to view their premises. I plan to go there soon for my CPL etc.

I was very impressed with what I saw and the students I spoke to where more than happy with the level of professionalism of the outfit.

I had the red-carpet tour and then hung around for a couple of hours to get a more 'realistic' impression. Could not find anything to deter me from going there, in fact, I cannot wait to get back there and start the course!

If you want a more detailed view then please feel free to e-mail me.
I am cautious of posting on these US FTO threads, for PPRuNes legal standpoint, one has to be very careful. But, I have never posted anything 'anti' so there should be no problem.

Regards, VFE.

PPRuNe Pop
5th Apr 2001, 22:00
VFE, if you have experienced nothing but good, say so! If it were bad you can say so too if you stand by it under the rules.

Hope you enjoy it when you get there. Good luck.

PPRuNe Pop
[email protected]