PDA

View Full Version : Easy mistake

starone
1st Apr 2003, 05:55
What happened in ncl today with eeezeee schedules? Delays and 1 cancelled ex bcn/alc/bfs and stn. It easily must have caused a headache and raised an easy laugh with me. after the tapas bar flamenco checkin flop on sunday, i suppose it was an easy mistake to make. lets hope the orange lads find that their much vaunted "on time schedule" is easily restored, since it's easy to lose sight of these things in the ho-ha of an easy launch day.
anywhoo i'm off to take it easy.

In trim
1st Apr 2003, 12:27
Not a good day for tech aircraft.....all of them seeming to hit the NCL operation with cumulative impact on the NCL schedules, which is never good news on opening a new base.

Just unlucky that they all went wrong in the same place!

dv8
1st Apr 2003, 23:37
It made the local news tv and papers
http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100local/page.cfm?objectid=12796477&method=full&siteid=50081

workmatters
2nd Apr 2003, 03:45
Seems like the orange order was rerouted again!:cool:

Go-arounder
4th Apr 2003, 04:27
See the Belfast is not due in until 2am tomorrow again.....
Still better than cancelling it I suppose!

Rocket Ron
4th Apr 2003, 15:24
It'll be like this at all easyJet bases in the summer.....just you wait and see....

MerchantVenturer
4th Apr 2003, 17:12
As a Go user and aficionado I have watched with some dismay how the time keeping seems to have slipped out of my local airport (BRS) since easyJet took them over.

I realise that some of the delays might be out of the airline's control (ATC etc), but there never seemed to be so many delays in the Go days.

Thankfully, thus far, there have been virtually no cancellations, except those caused by foreign strikes.

BIG E
6th Apr 2003, 16:03
MV

Up until the 30mar although a combined airline,easyjet and go still operated on their own schedule and operations with the same people and pretty much the same aircraft so the takeover by easyjet had no bearing on the on time performance.Any problems after 30mar might be a different story.

Charlie32
9th Apr 2003, 21:33
To be fair, I can't remember the last time a BA schedule from LHR to NCL left on time. I do the trip once or twice a week on average, and my average delay on 1735 (now 1800) is 45 mins. My worst delay (other than weather diversion because of U/S CAT 3 ILS at NCL) was 4 hours.

redfield
10th Apr 2003, 02:24
MerchantVenturer. The overall quality of operation HAS reduced sine Easy took over Go on March 30th. It's probably got something to do with the fact that Easy fly point-to-point whereas Go were a hub-and-spoke operation, but even so Easy leave much to be desired when compared to the Go op. Does anyone know whatever happened to Barbara Cassani? Just curious...

Go-arounder
10th Apr 2003, 15:51
Redfield - Go did not operate a Hub and spoke operation!

Goforfun
10th Apr 2003, 15:59
A captain was positioning from London to Newcastle to operate flights from NCL- but it turned out the Capt wasn't booked on a flight- with all the answer machines in ops the capt missed the flight to pax to ncl and no doubt they where some of the delayed flights!

The easyJet summer schedule? Why- it's only written in chalk!