PDA

View Full Version : Moving windows & taskbars

oncemorealoft
1st Apr 2003, 05:11
This is a really silly problem which I feel i should no the answer to but don't and it's driving me mad trying to find an answer from Microsoft.

On both my home and work PC I often have windows that open up (for example if I'm opening an e-mail) but with some of the window -often including the right hand corner with the 'close' button - of the screen. I've tried right clicking or 'move' and then repositioned the window but then next time I open it, the things of the screen. Like I say, sure it's a really simple answer but I'd be very grateful if someone good guide me.

Also, tonight I tried out a mouse with a scroll wheel and when I booted up with it plugged in, the cursor arrow went crazy. In the course of this I managed to somehow move the tool bar that I usually have at the bottom of the screen to the side. But now I cant find a way to move it back.

Sometimes I hate Windows!

sad_civvie
1st Apr 2003, 17:00
Do you regularly visit windowsupdate.microsoft.com (http://) ?

If not you probably need to as a first line of attack.

With technical problems, we really need to know operating system and version, and browser version.

The mouse is the really worrying thing though...how old is you computer?

SC

spannersatcx
1st Apr 2003, 18:11
Try resizing the screen, it sounds like you "window" is larger than the screen size!

The Nr Fairy
1st Apr 2003, 21:18
Dunno about the windows, my laptop screen is enormous (1400 x 1050 ) and I never see that problem.

As for the taskbar, left click on it and drag it to the top / left / right / bottom* of the screen as desired.

* delete as appropriate.