View Full Version : New courses starting in NZ

ChazP
2nd Apr 2001, 04:07
Any recommendations of NZ flying schools please?

Thanks. :)

Artificial Horizon
2nd Apr 2001, 12:48
Try Associated Aviation in Wellington, I did all of my training there and they are a nice proffessional outfit with good quality training. Alternatively Nelson Avaition College and Massey Avaition (Ardmore campus) are also both well respected in the NZ avaiton scene. If you need contact details just reply and I will pull out the details and get them to you

Flying Kiwi
2nd Apr 2001, 23:45
The Massey Aviation School's Palmerston North campus isn't a bad go (mind you it is a few years since I trained there). You'd never have any trouble with crosswind landings anyway. Probably cheaper to live there than many other centres with it's large amount of student accomodation, especially Auckland.
If you're coming here with Pounds or US dollars, it's a steal.

All the best.

pil
3rd Apr 2001, 20:30
May aswell put my 2 pennies worth in here. You could do worse than check out the International Aviation Acadamy down in sunny Christchurch. I went there last year to get my CPL and found the school was excellent. Most of the schools in NZ are similar in quality and cost, so which school you pick normally depends on your own persuasion.
As said before, with the $NZ as low as it is, about £10 grand gets you a shiny CPL no matter which school you chose. Oh, and a nice holiday aswell.
Kiwi's are such nice people. Cheers.