View Full Version : PILOT SHORTAGE

skylord757
2nd Apr 2001, 03:12
I heard a good rumour, that the airlines are crying out for pilots, still can't get a job though and no-one I know can.

JJflyer
2nd Apr 2001, 05:12
Have you tried thr good walk in your CV tactic ??? Known to have worked with me on several occasions.

JJ

Tosh McCaber
2nd Apr 2001, 12:00
JJflyer, not sure what you mean? Sorry to be thick.
Regards
Tosh

[This message has been edited by Tosh McCaber (edited 02 April 2001).]

Willie Eckerslike
2nd Apr 2001, 12:14
They are crying out for pilots but at the moment just the ones who have appropriate type ratings or jet experience. However there are not many of those about.

If you dont have jet experience be patient your time will come possibly sooner rather than later.

JJflyer
2nd Apr 2001, 18:52
Meaning that you take your CV in your little hands and personally go to the companies you want to work for and drop it off.

JJ

Ramesh
2nd Apr 2001, 23:12
I believe that this winter will see lot's of recruitment. The major airlines in UK are losing lot's through retirement, & expansion of airlines such as easyjet & DHL will only help. Airlines tend to recruit late summer, so that they can train during winter.

All the best, keep on trying, it's all worth it!!!!

Miss Bigglesworth
5th Apr 2001, 17:04
There is a European pilot shortage but only direct entry pilots. Same old story, catch 22. Airlines aren't prepared to account for this situation and splash out on huge sponsorship/training schemes. With the majors only sponsoring a few at a time, the shortage is always going to be there.

ronchonner
5th Apr 2001, 22:08
wrong, there will NOT be a pilot shortage?why?there is to many pilots worldwide waiting for a job.And if there is one, You will see US pilots coming to europe to fly our planes!because these guys fly, and do nt do this kind of politic we do in europe(jaa again FAA, blah, blah, blah!!!).they do nt waste time to argue but fly and they become some "real" pilots.It s why a FAA pilot is number one on the airline list,!!!

Dutchman
5th Apr 2001, 22:55
Here we go again. Ronchonner I have flown in both the US and Europe and hold both FAA and JAA licenses. Each having its advantages and disadvantages. Putting postings up everwhere stating how great US licences and pilots are, just shows a immature narrowminded mentality that in my opinion isn't welcome here.

Going Around & Around
6th Apr 2001, 03:03
Try reading Ronchonner's email while thinking of Da Ali G accent. Big up the Staines massive!

(If English isn't your first language, I apologise! Cheap joke.)

On a more serious note, there are some jobs around for those with minimum hours but not many, and loads of people looking! Good luck!

invertedspin
6th Apr 2001, 16:58
This "shortage" is a SCAM in Europe at least.
Military pilots and experienced instructors cant find a job, so dont ask me about a low-time wannabe.

ronchonner
6th Apr 2001, 20:54
invertspin i agree with you,all this crap is a SCAM, a RIPP OFF, a SCANDAL!!!and i see more and more stupid people giving money to these crap schools because they are dreaming to become a gear operator in a jet!!!!-----
Dutchman, go smoke some marijuana in Amsterdam, so like this you could log some flying time....

schuler_tuned
6th Apr 2001, 23:51
ronchonner, tony U's rolling a big fat one- just, for you!

Tor
7th Apr 2001, 01:51
Ronchonner-

How is it that it is a scam that you have to pay to become a pilot? Are you getting you license for free in the U.S.?

I do agree with you that there is no pilot shortage and there probably never will be.

Snapper_head
7th Apr 2001, 11:12
I agree Tor that for low time pilots there never will be a pilot shortage but if you want something badly enough you will succeed. Face you fears live your dreams fellow aviators.

------------------
Flaps up,gear up...
gear up... oh fu@k!

I Am Ugly
7th Apr 2001, 14:10
Well said snapper,

Shortage or no shortage, if there are jobs out there you have a chance. And with the right attitude that is all you need.

Ugly

Tor
7th Apr 2001, 16:25
Sadly, IMU, it's not the attitude but the number in your log. Atleast for the first job(s).

I Am Ugly
7th Apr 2001, 21:54
Tor,

Could not agree more. There is NO substitute for hours. My argument is that from getting the money for your training to struggling to find the first job it is attitude that gets you through.

Ugly