View Full Version : BATHURST ISLAND Grand Final

High Altitude
31st Mar 2003, 08:30
What a successful day had by all!

Gotta love that quality of football and then the multiple sorties of departures after.......

In one spot at once was...

Dash 8
B1900
Bandit
Twotter
King Air
4 PA31's
8 B58's
5 C310R's
and a sprinkling of Singles...

Followed by 2 Brasillas.......

What a good day had by all, only witnessed 1 act of poor airmanship!

heypilut
4th Apr 2003, 12:29
And are u admitting to it turkey?;)

High Altitude
4th Apr 2003, 13:02
Hey dere brudda how ya been? Looong time no ere... Whadya upta?

Me bad airmanship....... Never.... I'm always right.......:cool:

heypilut
4th Apr 2003, 17:24
U have way to much time on your hands!;)

stealth2
7th Apr 2003, 08:58
I saw two acts of poor airmanship. One was one of HA's barons leaving the nose locker open on take off and subsequently had to return to land jamming the circuit. The other was HA flying. That goes without saying. So when was the last time you flew a Baron? Mid 2002. Flying at IFR levels when your VFR.

High Altitude
7th Apr 2003, 10:22
Yes a pilot did have a DOOR pop on takeoff so landed and shut it... Now don't tell me if u fly a Baron you've never had a door pop. Much better then flying with it open...

Yes I flew over at an IFR level so I didn't clean up a plane doing 40 kts less.

Not a very good feeling when you have a Navajo in front at 2000 visual, and you are given traffic 1200 same height, same track 40 knots slower..... Its actually called good airmanship not to take him out. So you pass the Navajo whilst he is visual at all times and decend to underfly the proceeding traffic. By this time you are 15nm from BTI so no point in going back up to VFR level. I suppose I coulda slowed down but ATC were very happy.

Now not that I wanna start anything but my viewing of a not so good act was a VFR 210 taking of into that rain/storm that was at the end of the strip??????????? The 1900 took of after him and made comment the same. Same aircraft cutting corners on VFR route 1 nearly caused me to clean him up on the return.......

Apart from that little bit of fun, WHAT A GREAT DAY.....

Did you see the fella running into the open goal only to be tripped by the camp dog! ONLY IN THE NT...

Bagot_Community_Locator
8th Apr 2003, 06:33
I have flown over 300 hours in one of your Baron's HA and NEVER had the door pop open.
;)

corsairx
21st Apr 2003, 23:24
Hmmm, sounds like there were even more bigger planes then last year. Took a bunch of photo's from last year, but never got around to posting 'em.

bush mechanics
22nd Apr 2003, 21:56
Hey bagot 300 hours 2000 hours it can happen to anyone,normally not closed correctly in the first place,(rushing)?

Boomerang
23rd Apr 2003, 16:17
With 1,500 PIC on Barons I have had a door pop open once also. This was after watching the CP check the door for security (with admittedly, a light tap) on taxi :ooh: