View Full Version : Deadly Force at Fairford!

Training Risky
31st Mar 2003, 01:02
I read in yesterdays Telegraph that after 2 protesting scrotes were removed from inside Fairford's perimeter by the Ghurkas, nice big signs proclaiming 'USE OF DEADLY FORCE IS AUTHORISED' have gone up on the fences:D

Does this mean that all USAF airfields in the UK have this right?

Can we get the same dispensation in our airfields? Or are we only allowed to arrest them and deposit them outside, just for them to try and get in again, a la Sangatte?

steamchicken
31st Mar 2003, 19:07
I believe all the US facilities in the UK do, under that fine legal instrument known as the Visiting Forces Act 1948........

rivetjoint
31st Mar 2003, 22:08
But only in their restricted areas, usually. Most of the things the US do in the UK is controlled by confidential agreements more than the Serving Overseas Forces or Visiting Forces Acts.

Boy_From_Brazil
1st Apr 2003, 22:40
I am sure that I am not alone in my feelings, in that the Ghurkas would be better placed fighting alongside the RMs in Basra, than guarding an airfield against these pillocks.

Imagine the psychological effect these guys would have on the Iraqi army.....

A and C
3rd Apr 2003, 14:53
We are at war at the moment and an attack on military equipment is an attempt to degrade the military capability of the UK be this attack in Iraq or the UK.

The responce should always be approprate and if this requires the shooting of a protester or two then so be it.