PDA

View Full Version : Ch Flight Sim Yoke

Howski
30th Mar 2003, 01:05
Hello All

Oive just went out and bought myself a flight sim yoke and oil be ******ed if I can get it to work. Its a CH yoke and im using FS2000( MSXP), even though I enable the yoke it does not work at all, when I go into the test (properties) it moves the cross hairs fine and the throttle,mix,prop controls all work ok ................I would appreciate it if anyone can help.

Regards

Howski

phd
30th Mar 2003, 03:22
Howski
I use mine with FS98 and I seem to remember it was a bit of a challenge to get it working properly.

Have you set up the yoke on your PC as new hardware via your Control Panel and the 'gaming' settings as well as customising the yoke from within the FlightSim programme? I think I had to do both - first to get the computer to accept inputs from the yoke at all and then to customise the yoke and select it as the input device for the flight sim. I fiddled about with it for a while and eventually it seemed to do roughly what I wanted.

Best of luck!

Keygrip
30th Mar 2003, 06:45
Guys - it's a good stretch of the imagination to post this one in "Pro Training, Europe".

I had the same snag when I got one for MS2000 - turned out to be something to do with "midi" settings (which I thought was only for music - not joysticks).

Sensible
31st Mar 2003, 03:37
I had the same problem with Flite Pro, The support I got from the manufacturers of pro pedals and yoke was abolute Cr@p and they still don't work. They got my money and that's all that seems to matter to them!!

Duck-U-Suckerz
31st Mar 2003, 19:12
You May also be having a motherboard conflict i.e. not enough IRQ resorces. This is especially true if you have lots of PCI / IDE slots and connectors in use, multi part sound cards like the top end Sound Blaster range are particularly suseptable to resource trouble and a complete pain in the ass to set up on many motherboards. The S/ Blaster 'Aulergy' has the midi (joy stick) socket in another PCI slot instead and is a real pain to make it work.

rustle
1st Apr 2003, 23:04
"...and the throttle,mix,prop controls all work ok..."

If it's the three-lever CH yoke, then it is the USB one.

Sounds like Yoke-to-PC is working okay, but Yoke-to-FS isn't.

You need to "tell" FS you're using a joystick.

Howski
5th Apr 2003, 14:35
Hello

Thanks for all the answers chaps ! I went out and bought the MS Flight Sim 2002 and everything works fine now, except my fliying !

Thanks again

Howski

Keef
26th Apr 2003, 06:01
AMS

You need to check UK vs USA prices carefully. It can be worth doing it, but not always!

I buy by mail order from the USA quite often. Sometimes, if it's only a little packet, it arrives with nothing to pay. That's rare.

Normally it's a token percentage or zero import duty, then 17.5% VAT on the whole lot (including shipping).

It's very much preferable to have stuff sent by "normal" post rather than DHL, Fedex etc. The "carriers" will charge maybe $15 shipping and handling, then declare a higher number to Customs, and then charge you yet another fee for "handling" Customs. The PO charges a token (relatively small) amount. The difference can be significant - not a problem if you're in a hurry, but annoying if you're not.

Tinstaafl
26th Apr 2003, 21:13
If you have a friend in the USA you could have your item sent to them then get them to send it to you.

They send it as a 'gift' not 'merchandise' on the form & you save yourself some tax/fees/rip offs.