PDA

View Full Version : Flights ex-ZRH - beware of hooligans!

Few Cloudy
29th Mar 2003, 18:02
Last night in Zürich, a large group of English football thugs got into a drunken riot with the police, in which water canons and tear gas had to be used. 25 got jailed.

Once the Leichtenstein game is over, these gentlemen will be wanting to return to UK. May I therefore warn my ex-colleagues at easyJet and Swiss to be very vigilant of whom you let on board this weekend.

B767300ER
30th Mar 2003, 00:02
Why don't these troublemakers take the TRAIN???

Snoopy
30th Mar 2003, 17:25
Because (for all those who haven't taken the train in a while) it's more expensive than flying......

Few Cloudy
30th Mar 2003, 17:34
Unless Snoopy,

You have your Japanese rail pass...

Snoopy
30th Mar 2003, 20:41
:p Maybe so.....

But with the "specials" on offer at the moment I still prefer zipping down to Osaka with ANA rather than sitting with all the "sararimen" on the Shinkansen. Time for a decent coffee at Starbucks at either end, the free use of the automatic beer pourer in the Signet Lounge.....And best of all, no "hoorigans" to contend with...I rest my case!

rupetime
31st Mar 2003, 15:06
Wind your neck's in - a lot of the airlines you work for make good money transporting football fan's and a majority of them are well behaved

rt

Whooaahh
31st Mar 2003, 20:19
I got detained for questioning (read. hassled) on my arrival in Zurich Saturday lunchtime just because I was a) carrying a British passport, b) was in a bloddy awful mood due to b1) being stuck next to a load of drunken Russian labourers for my 3.5 hour flight from Moscow, b2) being in Zurich because my original flight to Geneva was "rescheduled" (read. delayed!!) for 10 hours.

Apparently the Polizei had special procedures in place to deal with the influx of English football supporters.

I live in Switzerland but apparently their real problem was that I have lived here 2 years and still don't speak the language!!

So much for their famous tolerant society.

Greutzi

Whooaahh!!

ZRH
1st Apr 2003, 01:50
What??? You dont speak the language??
Join the club dude.

Snoopy
1st Apr 2003, 18:48
"So much for their famous tolerant society."

What on earth (or who on earth) ever gave you THAT idea??!!

I'm half Swiss and I never considered the Swiss to be particularly tolerant...not by any stretch of imagination.

:rolleyes:

Few Cloudy
2nd Apr 2003, 16:29
Having had some of these Gentlemen on board (and having offloaded a few) as well as having had the decent sort of fan too, I sympathise with anyone who has to do with them. They can be very disruptive, damaging and dangerous. If, like me you have a UK passport at these times, you reap the whirlwind.

As for winding my neck in (a thuggy comment by the way) I stand by my warning to our colleagues. It is much easier to liaise with the groundstaff, who can see the behaviour in the terminal and not load the rowdy elements in the first place.

( aside to Snoopy: do you speak Nihongo? Whenever I have tried to book on Skymark, I haven't been able to understand their website.)

Snoopy
2nd Apr 2003, 19:27
I speak a little Nihongo..I can manage the Hiragana and most of the Katakana and recognise a little of the Kanji...I seem to manage and haven't had too many disasters yet. But I also rely on that international language "sign language" and often throw myself on the mercy of locals who look like they could (or should) speak some English. The trouble is that they turn up in the most surprising places...shelf stackers in DIY stores who speak perfect English...and banks where no one will own up to it....

:confused:

rupetime
2nd Apr 2003, 22:30
Few Cloudy - Im a thug then am I ?

timmcat
2nd Apr 2003, 23:20
rt.. I think Few actually showed restraint.....