View Full Version : Second Hand ATPL textbooks

foghorn
19th May 2001, 18:11
Since I've got all my ATPL's now, I'm selling a set of nearly new textbooks. They worked for me - all passed first time by distance learning

E-mail me if you're interested.

(WWW and scroggs hope this doesn't break the no-advertising clause - if it does please kill it or tell me and I'll remove it).

VFE
19th May 2001, 18:49
I've e-mailed you foghorn.

The flying gunman
20th May 2001, 02:42
Beware though ..you cannot sit the ATPL exams unless you are registered with an approved school...ie bought the books off them...So you shouldnt really sell them foghorn cause they aint worth f*** all

------------------
He who smiles when the sh** hits the fan has found someone else to blame!

clear prop!!!
20th May 2001, 11:17
Gunman,
If you had gone through the ATPL course and exams you would know that you need to read all the material you can get your hands on.
Reading other course notes (particularly Oxfords) together with the other essential retail published books on Met etc, is the only way you'll get through

You just can't get enough info...read everything you can beg borrow ...or buy from foghorn!

foghorn
20th May 2001, 14:15
Let me clear up any confusion here.

What I am selling are published textbooks that you can buy from all good aviation book sellers. I used them in combination with Four Forces courseware, I found that they were excellent in giving me a different way of looking at the subject - just as Clear Prop advises. I got 14 1st time passes distance learning along with a hectic full-time job this way, so for me it was worth it. Don't go into any ATPL course thinking that you will be spoonfed. That is a sure fire way to fail.

I am not selling courseware from a school. You will only get these from the Training Organisation that you choose to attend, which, as the Flying Gunman points out, you have to do to sit the ATPL's (that's the new JAA rules for you).

cheers!
foghorn

[This message has been edited by foghorn (edited 20 May 2001).]

VFE
20th May 2001, 18:36
You've got another e-mail foghorn!

Tarmach
20th May 2001, 20:43
Foghorn,

For my interest what are the titles of these books and the author. Its not J.R. Ronchonner is it? no only joking about the last bit, although it would be handy to know which textbooks are the best for the ATPLs.

Thanks

Delta Wun-Wun
20th May 2001, 21:42
Foghorn,
I`ve e-mailed you as well.

DWW

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

foghorn
21st May 2001, 15:31
Hello all,

I've had a lot of interest in these books, and I am operating on a strict first-come, first-served basis.

The first few people to contact me have received the list of books and some of them have made offers. Once I have their confirmation, I'll know which books are left and I'll send a modified list to the next few people who asked, and so on until all the books have gone.

What this means is that if you haven't yet received an e-mail from me, you're still in the frame, so don't worry.

I promise to contact everyone who has e-mailed me in due course.

Thanks for the interest and good luck to all with your studies!

cheers!
foggy.

[This message has been edited by foghorn (edited 21 May 2001).]

Delta Wun-Wun
21st May 2001, 19:18
Foggy,
Any chance you could let us know the book titles and where I could obtain a copy?

cheers

DWW

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

foghorn
21st May 2001, 19:27
Don't worry I'll e-mail the list in due course. Most you can get from any of the good aviation bookshops, www.pilotwarehouse.co.uk (http://www.pilotwarehouse.co.uk) seems to have the best range. Some of them are available through Amazon.

TheNavigator
21st May 2001, 21:22
Foghorn,

Could you please send me the list as well if there is anything left :)!

Thanks!

TN

[This message has been edited by TheNavigator (edited 21 May 2001).]

The flying gunman
22nd May 2001, 01:19
My apologies Foggy,I thought you were trying to sell text books from a school as many people are trying to do in the aviation press and that was the warning I was sending.
Well done on passing your exams I have my first eight first week of june..fingers crossed.

------------------
He who smiles when the sh** hits the fan has found someone else to blame!