PDA

View Full Version : Response to Danny's Apology

Genghis the Engineer
28th Mar 2003, 15:20
Having read Danny's explanation and (rather unnnecessary I thought - it's hardly his fault) apology for Pprune being down for 3 days, I think it's worth making a public response.

For myself, I appreciate hugely the effort put into keeping Pprune running. The fact that it was only down for three days I regard as impressive given what was clearly a huge problem.

Thanks chaps for keeping the thing running, and for keeping us informed. I hope that you, or somebody else, manages to track down the culprits and hangs them up by the short and curlies - or failing that achieve an informal worldwide airline ban on them.

G

mustafagander
28th Mar 2003, 16:31
I'm with you, Ghengis.
It's hardly the fault of Danny and his team if some ***** decides to hack the system.
I do appreciate the explanation, though.

twistedenginestarter
29th Mar 2003, 03:40
I must confess I was getting a bit worried. I thought the site might have been closed down for some legal reasons, never to re-surface.

At one point I even went onto airliners.net but soon left when unrequested software started to be loaded onto my pc. Well done Danny for keeping this site squeaky clean.

EnglishmaninNY
29th Mar 2003, 04:28
You never know what you've got 'till it's gone! God, what a boring couple of days at work without Pprune !!

A big THANKS to the Pprune team for all the effort you put into getting it back up and running so expeditiously.

Rgrds

EiNY :O

Onan the Clumsy
29th Mar 2003, 04:51
Yes it did get a little boring at work. And I too have to admit I went to Airliners.net, but you know what? It sucked.

flappless
29th Mar 2003, 20:25
PPRuNe remains the most informative (and often comforting) place on the web .......

You really need to get out more <g>

foxtrot
29th Mar 2003, 21:58
THANKS GOD PPRUNE IS BACK. and thanks a lot to Danny and his team.
bye for now

OzExpat
31st Mar 2003, 14:52
An exceptionally good effort - well done Danny and Co! I feel that I must point out (before a certain Admin does if for me :D ) that I was a "doubting Thomas" for a while! Good to see it's all back to normal now! :)