PDA

View Full Version : Pax Cabin Cleaning ??

SPIT
28th Mar 2003, 08:24
Hi
I recently travelled to New York and back and all I can say is that the pax cabin was in S**T Order. It was a BA flight (747) out from Heathrow to JFK and again a BA flight (767) to Manchester.
Considering that BA are supposed to be the National Carrier their cabin staff do NOT seem to check the aircraft for any sign of rubbish in the cabin BEFORE the PAX get on. I know that they have a lot to do before a flight but they seem to forget that the poor bloody passenger pays their wages amongst other things and it also gives travellers from abroad a pretty poor image of the National Carrier.
I wonder if any other person has noticed this.
PS it is the First time my wife has been on BA and she ststes that it will be the LAST.:mad: :mad:

Frosty Hoar
28th Mar 2003, 09:38
I believe thats what you call a "sweeping!!" generalisation...:)

GARDENER
9th Apr 2003, 03:29
I totally agree that the cabin should be properly cleaned on turnaround, however its up to the CS how well it is done. In some cases (possibly in the one you mention) the a/c is late I/B and in order to save time a "pit stop" clean is done so that the aircraft is ready to depart on schedule. Not always the correct decision but I am sure you will appreciate the knock-on effect of missing a slot which can mean hours of sitting for another. Like I said not ideal but this is what happens.

PAXboy
11th Apr 2003, 00:14
Spit Considering that BA are supposed to be the National Carrier Actually, I don't believe that they are? Except in their own PR of course.

BA is a public company with a majority shareholding UK based. They are not owned by the state or answerable to the state, in anything other than regulatory matters.

We have a number of international carriers based in the UK, including easyJet. It is my view that none of them are "National Carriers". Which is why the bit about who had the flag on the machine was amusing nonsense.

This point will have been discussed in Jet Blast, I have no doubt!

aeroflirt
24th Apr 2003, 20:17
BA give cabin crew TEN minutes from boarding a/c to complete all safety checks and searches and to prepare drinks / papers etc. and check catering. Crew are not required to clean cabin. If cleaning is deemed unacceptable , crew may call cleaners back to a/c . This then delays boarding and could impact on take-off slot which may be lost. This would then delay the flight. In an ideal world cleaning standards would be extremely high on every flight. the reality is , that if not the case , this is probably due to operational reasons. If flight arrives late , there is huge pressure put on ground and flight/ cabin crew to turn the aircraft around and have it ready for it's scheduled departure. You will probably find that this is the reason behind sub standard cleaning on your particular flight. Very unfortunate for you and for BA as you have chosen to broadcast this inconvenience and not to fly BA again. Out of curiosity , what would have been more disagreebale to you ? A delayed flight or an unclean aircraft ?
Sorry Gardener , have repeated much of what you have already pointed out.

Lu Zuckerman
24th Apr 2003, 20:30
I flew on a TWA flight out of Malpensa (Milan). The flight was very late leaving its' point of origin (JFK) so there was not enough time to clean the aircraft. All of the blankets that had been used by the passengers were piled at the rear of the aircraft and the odor was that of a gym bag containing many unwashed jock straps.

Luckily I was sitting in the forward of the cabin but I pitied the cabin staff that had to work at the rear of the cabin.

:sad:

phnuff
24th Apr 2003, 20:50
I once flew United from San Francisco to LA and found a McDonalds wrapper on on my seat. I know these shuttle type flights are on a quick turn around but there are limits !

PAXboy
24th Apr 2003, 22:04
Mac D wrapper? One flight out of LHR a couple of years ago, a pax was eating the stuff.

I can only guess that she had it in a bag and hope that she was not allowed to bring it on openly. :confused:

c/c ignored her and she chomped her way through the rest of this foul smelling baggage before departure. OK, it was LH but their food isn't that bad, that you have to bring on McDs junk! :yuk:

aeroflirt
24th Apr 2003, 22:48
Crew/ ground staff have no empowerment to remove offensive smelling foods. Try flying from Lagos or Accra , the pax bring on big laundry bags full of dry fish. Now that is seriously smelly , believe.

Compass Call
25th Apr 2003, 06:39
Thai Airways will not allow pax to bring Durian or Jackfruit into the cabins of their aircraft. They will allow them in the freight bays as long as they are sealed in an airtight bag! :yuk: