PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic Flight Training?

daviesm
31st Mar 2001, 00:57
Received the AFT application pack today. Is there anyone out there who knows how much of the 50% paid by the AFT (or an airline) we have to pay back when employed?
Also, can anyone tell me what airlines have employed them from AFT and how soon after completion of the course?
Final Question (Boring i know!), how long is the selection process for AFT and what is involved in each stages? I have tried using 'search' but these questions are not answered.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Daviesm

skeet surfer
4th Apr 2001, 12:38
I am in South Africa with AFT at the moment, just about to finish the JAR ATPL course...

I am a self sponsored chappie so I can't tell you anything about the selection process but I'll get "a man who can" to post on here....

As for people getting jobs - no one has got close to finishing yet so...no-one knows

As far as I am aware, you don't pay any of the money back, but Ill wait to see what the cushy sponsored "rather have it all payed for than charge stark naked at the enemy" types have to say....

ROTATION
4th Apr 2001, 14:31
Selection for the AFT 50% scheme consisted of a Morrisby test (search for) and some other test checking maths, meanings of long words and instruction following capacity. The second stage was a sim ride in a twin t/p. Take off climb out, gear up, flaps up, steep turns, turning onto headings and an ILS approach (also involving steep turns and a balloned landing half on the runway and half on the grass - for me anyway). Also at the second stage, a fairly relaxed interview, why do you wanna fly?? etc etc, tell us a joke!!!, got the money??? And yer in!! 18k for CPL/IR (f) ATPL and a job within a year of qualifying.

Autofly
4th Apr 2001, 21:22
Rotation,

I've got the form sat on my desk at the moment. I didn't realise there was a sim ride in the second stage. Sound like fun. If that doesn't test ones ability to fly a plane ....... credit to AFT.

AF

bottle2throttle
5th Apr 2001, 02:32
I've just (unsuccessfuly) been to AFT for the full sponsorship, which is the same selection procedure for the 50% version.

Rotation, everything you said about the selection is accurate, however instead of using the morrisby profile testing, they are using the McQuaig tests(think that's how you spell it). Quite straight forwad.

Rusty Cessna
5th Apr 2001, 15:25
Anyone know if either one of these sponsorships still have a lower age limit of 17?

Thanks,
Rusty

Island Hopper
5th Apr 2001, 15:37
bottle2throttle: full sponsorship?

bottle2throttle
5th Apr 2001, 16:16
I assume so, I can't remeber the minimum requirements off hand, but i seem to recal them asking for 2 A levels, which in most cases means at least 17 years of age.

I not sure on this so I'll get back to you.