PDA

View Full Version : EasyJet flight deck visits

Evanelpus
24th Mar 2003, 13:07
The Elpus family are off to Spain to celebrate my partners brothers 40th birthday in May.

We return on 31st May from Malaga to Luton(at the ungodly hour of 1am - can't remember the flight number). Mrs Elpus's brother is 40 on the 31st and I was wondering who I could contact at Easy to ask if a flight deck visit would be possible for him.

Hope someone can advise.

Landing_24R
24th Mar 2003, 16:19
Hi,

I don't have an address, but...

Most airlines have banned visits following 9/11 even for airline employees and their families, and so the chances are slim I'm afraid. You could write and ask anyway, but I'd be surprised if you got the answer you are looking for.

What might be possible is a visit on the ground after landing or before departure, although EZY's tight turnaround times might be a problem here I suppose. It's certainly worth looking into.

Best of Luck!

pilotwolf
24th Mar 2003, 16:21
Unfortunately, post 9/11....

Would suggest you buy a lottery ticket and buy him his own aircraft with the jackpot - I think you probably got a better chance. :(

Might be worth a letter to the PR department of Easy though - if they were in on it and could make some publicity from the event you might have a better chance of success.

Elmer the Monk
28th Mar 2003, 07:04
Forget publicity. You shall not get a flight deck visit once the aircraft has begun to move under its own power. However, you should be welcome to visit the flight deck during the turn arounds; our tight schedules are governed more by pax loading/unloading times than by flight deck workloads. I'm sure your brother would have no problem enjoying a flight deck visit whilst on the ground.

Evanelpus
28th Mar 2003, 16:01
Thanks guys, will try and get him in on turnround.