PDA

View Full Version : Maint Tips on A/C Types

ronster
24th Mar 2003, 04:16
Does any one out there know of such a website?

Were one can exchange Maint Information on specific Aircraft types......Other than the Action Desks of specific Manufacturers.

They take ages to get back to questions, and then their answers is what they see in the MML's & FIM's.

Maybe PPRUNE can set up such a page for us.
" Maint Info Exchange"

What do you guy's & Girls think of the Idea?:eek:

rwm
21st Apr 2003, 02:34
Already happens. Just read through old threads, or post a question. Someone will reply with the needed info.

Motormouse
29th Apr 2003, 22:32
And,unfortunately, this era of litigation is the reason
quoting from the MM/FIM is the only response you are likely to get
from a manufacturer, can't be seen to be liable for a faulty product.

So, do what the MM/FIM says' , then when in the subsequent 'board of inquiry' the MM is proved incorrect, its' someone else's fault.

ronster
30th Apr 2003, 12:59
Hi Motormouse,

Yes I know what you are trying to tell me!

What I meant was the "Tips & Tricks" of the trade, to save your company Millions of $$$ without compromizing safety or overstepping the basic rules!

EG: On one type of our Aircraft you will from time to time see that the one PACK shuts down on the start of Descent IOW: The PLA is at FI with a low flow of air.

Well the F***ing FIM & MManual say Replace the PRSOV.....This thing cost about $US 10 000! ( or maybe $US 2000 for a recon unit)
By replacing the small Dirty air filter at about $US 10 You can do your employer a big favour!

And then change your name to MOTORGAINT!

However It was just a thought

:8

rwm
30th Apr 2003, 13:11
sounds like a dash to me. Love that machine.

ronster
30th Apr 2003, 18:10
Hi RWM,
No Its the CRJ 200.... however the Dash you can just remove the sealer on the PRSOV adjusting pod & with a flat screwdriver give it a 1/16 to 1/4 (Max) turn clockwise for a start.
If it keep on doing the same replace the filter.
Regards.
Ronster:ok: