PDA

View Full Version : FAIR Aussies

thearrow
23rd Mar 2003, 06:57
To the guys I bumped into at the JCAB exams Sunday, just wondering if you worked out whether you scraped thru or not? I think I did but it was a close call. I got a lot of Japanese sample questions translated by my girlfriend and half a dozen of the..um..`different` questions were from the samples. She`s wondering whether she could put together an English version of these Q&A`s and sell em for a few bucks.

First time I`ve ever had a question which included `radio ranges`. Can you say *old* :eek:

ship
24th Mar 2003, 01:17
I think, you can buy "Perfect English Version" JCAB Q&As from AJX/NCA/JAZ guys.
You just pay for their beer at OUTBACK. ;)

Tex
2nd Apr 2003, 04:02
JAL does a pretty good job prepping for the JCAB test. They review every possible question in J-lish, so it took each of us a max of ten minutes to complete. We were told to not get up before 30 minutes, though.

It was funny. Everyone in the room looking around at each other until the 30 minute mark. The gaijin got up first, followed by the Japanese. I think one or two non-JAL took the entire time to complete the test.

Good luck!

ship
2nd Apr 2003, 07:48
What is the pay and quality of life look like at Fair Link? I guess they are still making money as an ANA Connection.

thearrow
8th Apr 2003, 16:05
Not sure what the pay is like. Fair I suppose. (Sorry, couldn't resist..)

The exam wasn't the ATP exam. It was actually the 'Private Pilot Aviation Law' exam. These blokes I think had been well prepped by ANA sources for the ATP but not for the AvLaw judging by their comments afterwards. I'd estimate there were only about 5 out of 20 questions that were common knowledge questions and the others seemed to be Japan-specific i.e. what's the max speed of a piston aircraft in the 'control zone'?

ship
9th Apr 2003, 03:33
>Not sure what the pay is like. Fair I suppose. (Sorry, couldn't resist..)

:confused: Sorry, thearrow. Fair doesn't pay your salary when you're in training??
That's not FAIR.