PDA

View Full Version : MULTIFLIGHT

ChazP
30th Mar 2001, 05:11
Anyone know anything about Multiflight that isn't on their website? Ex-Students?

EGDR
30th Mar 2001, 06:58
What do you want to know ?

ChazP
30th Mar 2001, 08:28
Hello,

To answer "What would you like to know (About Multiflight)":

(1)...They don't seem very big in terms of facilities, yet they seem to be expanding. Any ideas where this money is coming from?

(2)...Part of the training in US....In your opinion, are they a good training provider?

(3)...Do you have any experience of them? Personally or thru contacts..?

(4)...Are any large organisations using any of Multiflights facilities / training programmes at present?

(5)...Slick web-site. How long have Multiflight been prominent as a training provider?

Also anything else you care to mention.

Thanks for your time,

Chaz

Max Drift
30th Mar 2001, 14:48
Re: Multiflight

1. Facilities aren't bad - the PPL and commercial training school is based in the old Yorkshire Aeroplane Club building which has been refurbished by Multiflight. Aircraft are reasonably numerous, fairly new, WELL maintained and I've not as yet experienced any problems with availability.

They do seem to be expanding fairly rapidly -I believe the owner of Multiflight is a very rich man called Paul Hood(?) who's company or product is called PACE (something to do with satellites or aerials?) - he made a lot of money and this is like his pet project hence why a lot of seemingly inexperienced people (his mates) hold positions such as 'Head of PPL training'.

2. The US option makes sense really - get a good deal of your traning done with an approved school without the weather delays's you would inevitably get at LBA.

3. Did the second half of my PPL with them -some teething problems but things smoothed out eventually and I continue to fly/learn with them. The instructors are of a very high calibre and I've never heard a bad word said against the Commercial instructors.

4. No idea.

5. Web Site is pretty good - believe the sub-£30k has been on offer coming up to about 6 months now, don't know anybody who's doing it so can't comment but I'm seriously considering commercial training with them.

On the whole it seems like a pretty good deal and I'm sure in a couple of years they'll be a serious competitor in the market.

Good luck.

in need of help
30th Mar 2001, 21:17
Max D

Do you have any idea how good their commercial training is ? In terms of number of students, aircraft availability, how long it actually takes to get CPL/IR with them ?

Cheers

INOH

ChazP
30th Mar 2001, 21:32
Thanks a lot for your comments, Max Drift. Any idea of the sort of cost over-runs that delays due to weather might entail...other than living expenses! Ie does their advertised £29950 really mean that?

Thanks and please continue to contrbibute...

go
1st Apr 2001, 20:13
did my IR in aug last yr...andy and kate great instructors...took 6 weeks inc multi rating...one week off for bad wx...seven of us went through in seven weeks three first time passes and four second time...very good...good luck...

EGDR
1st Apr 2001, 23:21
GO

Its good to hear that the training is good at multiflight as that is where I plan to do my CPL/IR later this year.

Do you mind if I ask out of your seven, who's now got jobs and what sort ?

Jolly Tall
2nd Apr 2001, 00:58
I can certainly vouch for the instructors at PPL level, although several have just, or are about to, leave for airline jobs. Only one encounter with the Commercial instructress, but she seemed very professional. I would certainly consider doing Commercial training there.

Max Drift
2nd Apr 2001, 17:01
I have no experience of the commercial training at Multiflight - although I continue to fly with them it is purely recreational at the moment.

Check the web-site, there is a section which details what is and what isn't included. Best thing to do is to give them a call, once you've got past the frosty receptionists ask for Malcolm Dean, he'll spell it out realistically for you.

G-LOST
5th Apr 2001, 12:19
If you're thinking about training at Leeds Bradford, why not enquire at Leeds Flying School, the alternative to Multiflight. Not such a fancy set-up but good value for CPL/IR training. They managed to help me get through the flight tests ok. Check out their website, from memory it's simply leedsflyingschool.co.uk.

outofsight
5th Apr 2001, 12:48
For an even better value course, Stapleford flying club has a deal where you do the frozen ATPL for about 24,000 pounds with some of the flying done in the states.
Don't know anyone who's done it but the instructor's who's running it is a good guy and the price is great. I thought things were mean't to be more expensive down south.