View Full Version : Ex-pilot looking for work...

JimLyn
18th May 2001, 07:11
Hi...

I'm intelligent, experienced, medically retired, aged 52, can't pass the pilot medical (one eye is just below standard) but in generally excellent health.

13,000 hours, held an ALTP, flew Islanders, Twotters, Dash-8s, held Secretary position of Association for 8 years, so have some admin experience.

Completed Programmer/Systems Analysis Diploma program, and am currently self-employed as a webmaster/web designer.

Desperately looking for useful work back in aviation, willing and able to relocate. Willing to take on Operations and/or admin functions, to start at the bottom again, and to learn whatever is required. Also interested in accident investigation and technical matters.

Able to work in Canada or the UK - no further documentation required. Willing to do telephone interview or attend in person.

If you can help, drop me a line and I can provide aviation and/or IT resumes by fax or email.

Thanks in advance...

Jim Lynch
[email protected]

inverted flatspin
18th May 2001, 07:13
Jim there are plenty of pilots flying commercially in the US with only one eye. Don't give up on your medical just yet. launch an appeal.

batty
18th May 2001, 11:56
I thought you could fly with one eye as long as you are the only one with one eye on the flight deck and that you had had about 6 months to adjust. Surly if you still have both and one is just a bit worse than the other there must be something they can sort out?
Heres hoping for you

RVR800
18th May 2001, 12:05
JIM

Have you considered a position as

Simulator Instructor for the IR
or for airline simulator work

I am sure you would stand an excellent chance

I dont think you need an FI and you airline
experience would be sought after

Try Oxford, WMU, BEe Jerez for starters!

Wee Weasley Welshman may help he used to work at Jerez

Good luck

Tor
18th May 2001, 21:50
Best of luck Jim!

Back to the top.

Pub User
19th May 2001, 02:23
Tried the CAA?