PDA

View Full Version : Islandsflug Comming To Birmingham

TJ747
21st Mar 2003, 18:21
Hi guys,

Just saw and advertisment by Islandsflug for cabin crew to be based at Birmingham for the summer operating on their 737 fleet to the med.

Anyone know more about this airline...what they are like to work for etc and pay...if poss.

Who will they be operating on behalf of ???

Hope someone can help and appreciate your replys.

Many Thanks

TJ747

Call Established
24th Mar 2003, 09:10
Yeah I have also heard this a B737-400 TF-ELV ??? 168Y ?? I think it is on lease to Excel until mid April.

They will be operating ive heard to about 13 ish rotations per week mainly to Greek destinations on be-half of Golden Sun and other Greek tour ops.

Dont know what the pay and conditions are! sorry.

Also heard that the Aircraft may be in AIR MILES colours or they have a connection to this as well.

Furthermore... MD Airlines, Islandsflug and Nordic Airlink have all been associated with doing this flying this summer, but understand Islandsfulg have now been granted it!

lambchopboy
24th Mar 2003, 17:16
...i believe it has changed once more.:rolleyes: ....to an Azzurra 737..make of this change what you will as it'll probably be changed again before May arrives..!

regards

izzie
31st Mar 2003, 17:06
Direct Aviation are recruiting for them for BHX and DUB. I have an interview in BHX tomorrow - will advise salary etc.

TJ747
1st Apr 2003, 02:46
Well Guys,

Have had an interview with Islandsflug at BHX today, very laid back and relaxed (i do love the icelandic ways). They are looking for about 25 crew for the summer...1st flt will be on the 01may03.
Aircraft will be 737-400 and in Islandsflug colours, work i belive is on behalf of Goldensun/Kosmar etc and will be a good happy little base i think.

Money...didnt giveaway too many deatils...a little bit better than the major charters and all crew will be employed by Direct Personell who are based in Dublin.

Sounds like it will be a good little number to get in with...small companies are good like that...they listen to you and can be accommodating to requests that u may have.

Should hear tomorrow if i've got the job.

Take care guys and gals and will let u know what happens.

Many thanks

TJ747

GROUNDHOG
1st Apr 2003, 05:08
Never worked for them but with them and can only endorse they are agreat bunch of people and a pleasure to work with, the people I met there all seemed very happy. Very professional and as posted already a great attitude to life!

JustaFokker
14th Apr 2003, 01:31
HI Guys...........anyone staring on the 22nd?

Call Established
14th Apr 2003, 19:03
HI FOKKER

I KNOW TWO PEOPLE STARTING NEXT TUES ONE SENIOR AND ONEE JUNIOR SOUNDS LIKE ITS GUNNA BE A GOOD 6 MONTHS

I UNDERSTAND THEY HAVE RECRUITED 25 AND I KNOW SOMEONE WHO IS ALSO HELPING THEM OUT WITH OTHER STUFF!

FougaMagister
17th Apr 2003, 06:15
Hi guys and gals - got the interview too and they are indeed a nice bunch. The money is £9,875 for junior cabin crew (yearly rate), plus £2.27/hr. flight pay, so that should be around £1,150 gross per month or so.
One 737-400, 168Y with 4 cabin crew, flights mainly to Turkey, so no rush on the service...

Hasta la vista.