PDA

View Full Version : 'Stand-Alone' Redundancy Insurance

Officedesk
21st Mar 2003, 13:15
Not meaning to tempt fate. However, I thought you might be interested in details of a very good 'stand-alone' redundancy insurance (you can also cover accident and sickness). It is not tied to your mortgage or other loan, so benefit can be spent as you wish.

It gives up to 12 monthly payments of up to £1500 from the first day of redundancy

It is very good value at £3.75 per month for each £100 of monthly cover required.

The current situation cannot be used as an excuse not to pay out, unless you have already been handed a redundancy notice or have been formally informed of impending redundancies. So worth taking out early - just in case!

I will gladly give you further details if you email me or leave a private message.

Officedesk
22nd Mar 2003, 21:06
Absolutely right to be cautious and one must always fully read the terms and conditions. However, I have been in the situation where I have actually claimed from this particular insurance - albeit for sickness not redundancy. I did find that the claim process was relatively straightforward but I did have to debate with them over a pre-existing condition. However, they did pay - and on time. They didn't ask about other insurances I had and left me alone once I was claiming until I was ready to return to work.

With any insurance you have to accept that you may have to assert yourself - occasionally aggressively - to get your payout. However, insurance companies are bound over by quite strict rules and regulations and if your case is genuine then you have nothing to fear as they have no choice but to pay out.

The question is would you rather not be insured just in case they make life hard if you have to claim?