View Full Version : Aircraft Information (YPAD)

Natit
21st Mar 2003, 02:30
Firstly, may I take this oppurtunity to say how much these bloody cyber exams suck! Was stuck in there for over an hour the other day while they tried to fix the system after a lock up - GOOD MOVE CASA!

Anyhow, I'm after a C182 or similar that may be used in Commercial Training (the last 25 hours for CP(A)L). Anyone have any ideas on this one?

Also, it has probably been done before, but just after any opinions on what the best/useful twin would be for an initial endorsement and or the MECIR. There's not a lot around in YPAD/YPPF these days and because of work, heading interstate may be tricky.

Thanks in advance

Natit ;)

beer bong
21st Mar 2003, 21:23
Natit

Give South Coast Air Centre a call I believe they have a C182 online and it is hangared at YPPF.

Airframe Driver
22nd Mar 2003, 04:49
I've got no advise for your CPL, but for the ME/IFR stuff, I'd go to Airlines of SA.
They may be a bit disfunctional, and cop a bit of stick on pprune every now and then, but they are an "airline", and to do your training there (by the way, the CP is the ATO), you are well and truly getting your foot in the door for a job in the future.
I think Martyn does most of the training, and he may be ATO as well, and he is a wealth of knowledge.
I have taken this route, as many others before me, spent some time flying for them, and then almost everyone moves on to other RPT jets/turboprops etc.

Sir Wingnut The III
25th Mar 2003, 03:20
Don't put to much weight on the floor of SCAC C182 your foot might go right through it!

Pinky the pilot
25th Mar 2003, 08:26
I concur with Airframe Driver's comments re ME/IFR training. Airlines of SA (Tony Kingham FS) quality of training is of a very high standard.
Training a/c are a Seneca 1 and a Seminole 'though the Seminole was landed wheels up some time ago by some clot! Last I heard it was still going to be some time before it was serviceable again so all training is unfortunately in the Seneca (VH-MEP)
Still; if you can fly a Seneca 1, you can fly anything!!!!!!!

embraer110120
25th Mar 2003, 10:34
G'day Pink Bits,have the forementioned mob given you a guernsey yet?!:D

Desert Duck
28th Mar 2003, 09:55
I believe Tony Kingham has retired.

Pinky the pilot
29th Mar 2003, 06:56
Embraer110120; sent you a PM re your query.

Desert Duck; yes, he has retired.

Airframe Driver
31st Mar 2003, 17:11
Well TK and CK have sort of retired. They still pop in to make sure the kids are behaving themselves.

olderbutyzer
31st Mar 2003, 18:10
And the poor old CP of ASA has a leg in plaster after an unfortunate fall! :)

PEE PPRUNE
2nd Apr 2003, 20:26
Hey Airframe driver and olderbutyzer, interested to know if either of you fly for ASA or O'connors. :}

Airframe Driver
3rd Apr 2003, 07:56
Once did, and nope !!