PDA

View Full Version : KLMuk-good or bad?

low n' slow
29th Mar 2001, 22:01
I've got a question!
I wrote to KLM uk regarding a sponsorship program. They seemed very happy with what they had to offer- a flying instructor job at the CABAIR group and then a first officer course for KLM uk. I thought this seemed rather a good deal. However, now I've read lots of posts here from which I gather that neither CABAIR or KLM uk are doing well.
I read that many CABAIR instructors are leaving prior to the end of the 2 term course. Is this true? If someone could give me some information on this, I would be most grateful as I'm not familiar with the story!
Cheers!/lns

Fly_146
30th Mar 2001, 04:33
If you've got the 180 hrs - IMC, etc. then I would just follow the modular course off your own back. Then go and apply to KLMuk and many of the regional carriers for F/O.

If you can't get a job, then go and become an instructor. Don't sign away two years of your life without a good reason!

GJB
30th Mar 2001, 12:50
BUT, there is a pretty good chance that you will get into the RHS with KLMuk after the 2 years as an instructor.

I don't know why so many are leaving??

springbok449
30th Mar 2001, 17:33
About a year ago quite a few of the Cabair/KLMuk cadets left the scheme after been instructors for Cabair because they were told that there was not jobs available to them at KLMuk, some went to JEA and I think one went to Aer Lingus.

Superfly
30th Mar 2001, 19:39
What is said here is bad . When the successful candidates get hired for the scheme I understand that they're signing a contract with KLM/UK and Cabair. What Does this contract say ? If it guarantees a job with the airline after the 2 years there is a breach of crontact, therefore one can sue them and get compensation....

Am I correct somewhere or is the contract having specific clauses and Fu..ks you up anyway ??

Honest Frank
30th Mar 2001, 22:08
Superfly-
There is no job gaurantee with KLMuk.At the end of the sCabair Instructing term(2 years)if KLMuk have positions available then you join them as F/O but there may still be a wait for the turbo-prop courses to start.

Those that were sponsored by KLMuk and then without a job to go to after instructing(unless they waited at the mercy of KLMuk,obviously without pay and not knowing when they would have a job)secured jobs themselves with; Jersey, JMC, British Midland, Aer Lingus, British Regional.

driver1
31st Mar 2001, 03:03
It should also be pointed out that those who were not offered positions with KLMuk and found employment with other airlines also had the training costs and bonds cancelled.

Ok two years working for Cabair as an instuctor but the I/R, Twin Rating, ATPL groundschool,GFT, Instructor rating, etc etc were all paid for!!!

low n' slow
1st Apr 2001, 17:34
Thanx all!
So if I've understood it all correctly, there's not necesarily jobs available with KLMuk, even if they take you in on the instructor program?
And even if you don't get a job, and still do the instructing with cabair, are all the ratings paid for?
Thanks again and safe flying to you all! /lns