View Full Version : what are they looking at?

liquidhockey
17th May 2001, 16:43
hi
please can anyone tell me if it makes any difference to the airlines as to what subjects i have at a-level?
do they just acknowlegde that you have 2 a-levels and then concentrate on your experience and hours and where you trained etc???
warm regards
Dave

Arnaud
17th May 2001, 17:57
a levels do not matter to them! what only maters to the airliners is whether u hav $150000 eurodollars in your wallet! this is big scam. if you go to lufthanser or crossair with $150000 erodollars you can fly for them. a levels and other things do nt mattter. ok? do not bothger with the jaa. the only other requrement must u have which is vital important to your ATPL is the ability to tick boxes accuarately, perhaps a alevel in this may help u!

Arnaud
ATP pilot

Speedbird 2946
17th May 2001, 18:11
I don't know about DEPs but for CEPs A-levels are vital, there are minimum standards you must reach. If you only do two, the best possible would be maths and physics!

Ennie
17th May 2001, 19:39
A Levels in Maths and Physics I say would help, but are not vital. I did these two and when in ground school etc it helped. I got a job, they didn't ask me about my A levels or GCSE'S.
------------------
"Keep The F*****G Ball In The Middle"!!!

[This message has been edited by Ennie (edited 17 May 2001).]

Super Stall
17th May 2001, 20:21
Bloody Hell !!! - Ronnie's morphed into an Arnaud.

Lucifer
17th May 2001, 23:41
Arnaud: the currency of Europe is the Euro, two of which make two Euro (no 's'). The currency is not dollars ($), it is €. (E with lines through it if you cannot see it)

Liquid Hockey: things you have doen often mean more in such competitive interviews as for airlines, not academic qualification, however while you have the chance at education, make the most of it, as you will never again have the chance, and if you have to do a non-flying job, they may come into play more. They won't take idiots in airlines, but you do not need to be a genius if you do not feel you can get 3 As at A-Level.

[This message has been edited by Lucifer (edited 17 May 2001).]