PDA

View Full Version : how are you going to pay back your LOAN?

ronchonner
29th Mar 2001, 04:37
My dear friends,
this time I have a very good question .how do you pay your 90'000 eurodollars back to the bank?
i guess more than one pilot is in a deep s...t with his family,bank,friend...
I read several of your posts, and I can say: there is NO job for JAA pilots with less 1000hours.
I would like to know if you met some guys who gave up.(I know some)
what do you do for living if you are not hired by a company and how is the relation with your family...what do they say, what do they think about aviation...?is the bank taking the house of your family to reemburse your loan?

please, this time be polite and constructive, Remember, I m an ATP pilot and I merit respect and honor!

no offense, ok?

Rusty Cessna
29th Mar 2001, 06:19
So you're saying that there NEVER been any pilots who have a JAA ATPL who got a job with less than a thousand hours??

NO jobs, eh, well...I know quite a few actually..

VFE
29th Mar 2001, 14:12
I know pilots who have found jobs with less than 500 hours, and they were jet jobs at that.
It does happen.

As for paying back the loan; this is something that the bank manager will have discussed before lending the money and contingency plans will be in place.

A positive attitude is a must when taking on a project such as self-sponsoring for a CPL. Also, it is often a case of who you know as well as what you know.

VFE, bank loan self-sponsorer!

Denti
29th Mar 2001, 14:22
Hi Ronchonner,

i don't know why you're always against the european system, but i have not much problems to pay back my euros. Nevertheless i'd like to earn more money (but, who would not?) And imho it's not a european problem, if you're doing a four years degree at embry riddle you have to pay a similar amount of money .-)

I don't knwo where you get your informations, but at least for lufthansa, swissair, crossair and other airlines in europe it's pretty usual to hire pilots with 180+ hours total time. The big ones like Lufthansa have their own pilot schools, and the guys there get about 200-250 hours before they go to the big birds.

And remember, in the airliners we fly today flying experience is still important, but system knowledge is becoming more and more important these days.

Denti

[This message has been edited by Denti (edited 30 March 2001).]