PDA

View Full Version : ball grab?

liquidhockey
29th Mar 2001, 04:28
i just read in the medical post that you have your balls frisked in your class 1 medical.
why do they feel the need to grab your balls?
are there any other embarrasing parts to this medical?
thanks a lot
Dave

eject
29th Mar 2001, 05:05
the bit I found embarrassing was when the neuro person put on shoulder length rubber gloves!!!

schuler_tuned
29th Mar 2001, 10:18
Just pray it's not too cold!!!!

GJB
29th Mar 2001, 12:00
Liquidhockey - yes, flying medicals include the cold cold hand and
'now cough please'

(except girls) ;)

[This message has been edited by GJB (edited 29 March 2001).]

redsnail
29th Mar 2001, 13:48
We were discussing this very thing in the pub last night. The ball grab and cough is to check for hernias.
For the girls, they just push on our stomachs and ask us to cough too.. Same thing.

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

Sagey
29th Mar 2001, 19:34
Standard at most medicals! not just an aviation medical.

Sagey

GJB
29th Mar 2001, 19:40
If the test can be performed by pressing on a girls stomach, why the need to fidget with a mans most prized?

FlyFreeWbe
29th Mar 2001, 19:58
just reading this thing got me in hysterics!! :) I also don't see the need for them to do that, but I suppose you're safe....if it's a woman. :)

i thought shoulder length rubber gloves were just for the cows??? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

oh yeah, and the cough is to mask the scream. I swear there's a conspiracy! :rolleyes:

------------------
FlyFreeWbe
~WYSITWIRL

Sagey
29th Mar 2001, 20:00
Sort of off topic but

2 sheep in a field, one sheep says to the other sheep "I ain't feeling well"

Other sheep turns and says "Christ sake, keep your mouth shut or we all dead"

Sagey

redsnail
29th Mar 2001, 20:02
Because we don't have balls.....
No seriously,
The transition of the testes from near the kidney region to the scrotum renders that area of the abdomen susceptible to hernias.
Also, a possible reason is that most men pay no attention to their 'nads unless they either hurt or are about to have sex. Testicular cancer is not that uncommon. Check 'em fellas, or risk losing them.

------------------
reddo...feral animal!

[This message has been edited by redsnail (edited 29 March 2001).]

Speed Racer
30th Mar 2001, 03:21
you're lucky the guy even used gloves.. mine went in unprotected. Came straight out of the blue.. no mention of what he was doing, just hand down ma daks!.. wish more ladies were like that :)
What concerned me the most was when i got up he said to me "the best thing about this job is seeing nice healthy young men like yourself.."
- it was about then i was slowly slipping towards the door, clothes in hand..