PDA

View Full Version : Hola Airlines

transwede
19th Mar 2003, 19:15
Just wondered if any Spanish ppruners knew anything of Hola Airlines basing a B737 at Newcastle, Uk for the period May-October 2003. If so, are they using Spanish crew or recruiting English crew (particularly Cabin Crew).

Cheers, any info would be fantastic!

ADFS
22nd Mar 2003, 14:43
Hola Airlines will be using Spanish pilots. I do not know about Cabin Crew but send them your cv via www.holaairlines.com
Good Luck;)

transwede
30th Mar 2003, 23:28
ADFS already tried that about two weeks ago and no reply. Surely time is running out for recruitment in time for their first flight on 1st May?

transwede
7th Apr 2003, 16:05
Actuals we shall see, we shall see??????????????????

transwede
21st Apr 2003, 01:51
Se parece como si vayamos a volar juntos pronto, los thats cuando nos entrenan realmente! ¡Soy seguro que usted sabe ya todos sobre nosotros sin embargo, no lo hace usted! ¡Y otra cosa cuál es la insignia gritadora de la cara todo alrededor, usted nos conoce y será alot de la diversión Osborne!!!!

HA HA HA HA :ok: :p

transwede
24th Apr 2003, 02:40
¡El Geordies es un manojo muy amistoso y su equipo todo de la cabina tiene experiencia como sobrecargos! ¡Usted es adentro por un verano de la diversión él él él él! :p

transwede
27th Apr 2003, 02:08
Usted podr'a hacernos los actuals de un favor y apresurarse quizá a su compañ'a encendido un poco. Que el equipo inglés todav'a no tiene una fecha del comienzo, nosotros no sabemos lo que estamos consiguiendo pagados. No sabemos básicamente nada y como el primer vuelo está bajo dos semanas lejos, somos un poco preocupado!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

ADFS
28th Apr 2003, 01:39
transwede and Actuals,
please stop this wretched communicating in such poor spanish...it should be easier for you both in english ( we hope )
maybe later you will get the chance to improve your español.:yuk:

transwede
29th Apr 2003, 02:57
Well anyone who works for Hola, look away now this is one very angry person.

I am one of the English crew, recruited by Excel Airways/Hola to be based at NCL for the summer. To me it was sensible to have atleast 2 locally based CC per flight, considering the aircraft is flying UK holiday makers to greek destinations.

Yet as of today the powers who control Hola have told the newly recruited Cabin Crew, including the base coordinator (who has already carried out alot of work - with no pay) that they are no longer required! Hola want to use their own spanish crew instead. All I can say to Hola is you won't find it easy! These shafted local crew knew the airport, knew the type of flying, were familiar with routes, passengers and onboard service and were actually excited at welcoming the spanish crew who were coming to the uk. They have now lost these crew, who were all experienced pursers, willing to take junior positions. they turmed down other job offers from other airlines. THEY WERE THAT DEDICATED!!!!!

:mad:

I hope the season goes well for you crew who are coming over. Newcastle is a fabulous place, make sure you visit the local attractions (The Quayside).

Hong Kong Layover
29th Apr 2003, 05:36
hola a todos,

estoy de acuerdo en eso de que si vais a escribir en espanol lo hagais con sentido porque si no es mejor que lo hagais en Ingles.
Es mas facil de entender.

I agree with the last post.It is better to write in english than in spanish!

Hong Kong Layover.

ADFS
1st May 2003, 01:00
I am not angry just a little bit irritated when the spanish language is so terribly mutilated...
Sorry to hear about Hola´s upper decision if it affects you...I think you may be wrong but time will tell.
Good Luck to all concerned;)

A300Man
2nd May 2003, 07:32
When did you learn Spanish, HKL? I am impressed.

However, re basing Spanish crew in the UK for Summer Season - Spanair have been doing it for years. Don't see the relevance of needing local nationals for these ops.

Just because the a/c is based in the UK doesn't mean that the in-flight service or pax demands will be different when compared to a regular turnaround operated by Hola or Spaniar or Iberworld on, say, a PMI-NCL-PMI rotation.

Maybe Excel want to instill some locality into their services - don't know why.

Hong Kong Layover
3rd May 2003, 05:09
A300 man,

Skills not always displayed.but used when needed!

Hong Kong Layover
4th May 2003, 07:14
Hola Habibi/amigo,

Personalmente opino que no tiene sentido reclutar tripulaciones inglesas, especialmente habiendo tantos espanoles en paro. Quiero decir que siendo una compania espanola, deberian apoyar a los espanoles, que estan suficientemente preparados para hablar en ingles y llevar a cabo un trabajo excelente.

Hong Kong Layover.

A300Man
4th May 2003, 22:36
You have many hidden talents, HKL. I hope you aren't going to leave QR and join IB!

transwede
9th May 2003, 05:36
So does anyone know where the Hola 737 to be based at NCL is? Some of their flights have failed to operate and some have been operated by the likes of Islandflug etc

Has it al gone pear-shaped already?

A300Man
18th May 2003, 00:58
Just because Hola have sub-leased certain services to Islandsflug and others doesn't really mean that things have gone pear shaped. There are issues, such as maintenance which have to be considered. As long as the carrier substitutes with another suitable and serviceable aircraft, it's all pretty much normal.

When you start to run into 40 hour delays and the like - that's when it really comes pear shaped!

HKL

I managed to translate what you said above, uisng my schoolboy Spanish. All I can say is, True, nah?

hh rip
18th May 2003, 11:46
Where it seems some of us were proved wrong aircraft operated first flight on 16May

skyboy1919
5th Jun 2003, 02:40
ADFS

As someone who speaks both Spanish and English Fluently I found your remarks a little rude, they were both trying to use our mother language, not many English could, and yes the Spanish was poor, but I could understand it, and found it good they were making an effort, rather than posting in a Spanish Forum in English, which I am sure you woul have then said is lazy.

English may be easier for them, and you had a fair point, but for someone who also speaks English, you have not learn the art of being polite at all have you, there Spanish may have been a little poor, but unlike your English it was not rude.

Hola will have to be careful, South Atlantic did not work, and one of their biggest complaints, Crew did not speak good English!

ADFS
9th Jun 2003, 00:24
skyboy1919,
didnt mean to be rude...sorrry to all concerned, never mind !
In any case, there´ll be no complaints ref:Hola staff english ability.
All the Spanish cabin crew based in NCL speak VERY GOOD ENGLISH, and most important of all, make a go at improving all the time. I know because I fly for Hola and I can say the same for the pilot staff...there is no need for worry!
;)