PDA

View Full Version : cathay e-mail application

733driver
19th Mar 2003, 17:17
Hi everyone,

I sent my CV to [email protected] a couple of days ago. That adress was given on the flight international job page.

So far I have had no response. I did expect to get an automated reply stating they have received my application.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Should I follow up by fax or mail?

Thanks for your help

Devilbis
19th Mar 2003, 19:14
I also have received no reply on my e-mail.

Greetz,

Devilbis

Will Rogers
22nd Mar 2003, 21:20
Also sent an e-mail application... no answer on e-mail but received a phone call...

Best of luck to everyone who has applied!!!

Will

733driver
22nd Mar 2003, 22:11
Thanks for the replies.

Glad to hear Iīm not the only one, Devilbis!

Will, would you mind sharing your experience? How many hours do you have? Did they offer you an interview?

Best of luck!

733driver

jungly
22nd Mar 2003, 23:02
In the 1st 24hrs after the Flight International advertisement last week CX received over 700 email CVs. Subsequently, inlcuding faxes, its running at over 100 per day.
There are less than 10 people in the recuiting dept.
Hold on to your hat. Someone will get back to you.
Also, sadly, the Chinese postal service is infamously slow. Allow 7-14 days for mail to get from HK to UK,Oz and NZ!

biplanepilot
23rd Mar 2003, 02:56
Would like to ask Will Rogers what transpired during the phone call, if you are willing to share?

Thanks

Will Rogers
23rd Mar 2003, 16:37
733Driver & biplanepilot,

Was offered to go for an interview in a major European City as S/O on the passenger fleet, best of luck to me ;) (I hear I'll need it :} ).

Total time a bit over 4000 hours with a large chunk of Jet PIC.

Will

biplanepilot
24th Mar 2003, 04:49
Best of luck for your interview. When is it? Let us know how it goes.

Will Rogers
28th Mar 2003, 17:02
I'll keep you posted :). Currently heavy into the books so that I don't look like an total ass when I get there :}

Question: What are the criterieas that determine weather you get an S/O (pax) interview or a F/O (freight) interview? Would be interesting to know...

Cheers,

Will :D

last officer
28th Mar 2003, 22:50
hi will,
I have the same problem(at least it is one for me),I received a s/o invitation for a f/o application. Anybody knows if it is set in stone you are going to passage then,or you still can change after the initial interview?
cheers

The Dez
7th Apr 2003, 14:33
sent a cv/resume 2nd week in march just received an application form to fill out and send back for further processing...anyone else go through the same formality...would this be considered a good sign or wishfull thinking...we'll just add it to the heap:confused:
what kind of time line we looking at to process the thousands of resumes now?

733driver
8th Apr 2003, 06:52
The Dez,

same here. Finally did receive the form a couple of days ago. Donīt get too excited, though. I think everyone who meets their advertised minimum requirements does get a form.

Still a long way to an interview let allone a job offer.

Good luck to us...;)