PDA

View Full Version : Printers and inks.

BlueDiamond
19th Mar 2003, 15:40
I have a Hewlett Packard LaserJet (for black on white printing) which produces good quality work on non-HP re-conditioned cartridges which are half the price of HP replacements.

I also have an all singing, all dancing, five star, fur lined, super dooper Canon Bubblejet for all my colour, photo reproduction and high standard printing. I have only ever used genuine Canon replacement inks in this as I was advised (by the Canon representative) that non-genuine materials should never be used in Canon printers.

Possibly supporting this statement is the fact that a friend's print heads were stuffed after she used a cheap non-Canon ink cartridge in her Canon printer.

Now that I am unemployed, the question of savings has become important and I have been seeking advice on the question of using cheaper inks in my Canon. I have received conflicting advice with just about a 50 - 50 split in opinions that it is o.k. or not o.k.. The advice has been sought from firms who supply replacement (reconditioned) cartridges. Some say it is perfectly o.k. but others say they will not supply materials for use in Canon printers because non-genuine inks can damage the print heads.

So, does anyone know for certain what the answer is to this? Do non-canon inks damage the heads ... or do they not? Is there any cheaper non-genuine cartridge that may be safely used?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

RadarContact
19th Mar 2003, 16:51
I'm using the Canon S750 and to my amazement the abundant availability of non-Canon ink cartridges has forced the prices of original replacement cartridges way down. At least where I live...