View Full Version : Buying a Jet Endorsement

cracka fatty
17th May 2001, 14:17
Just tossing the idea around of self-funding a Jet Endorsement. Got lots of multi tubo prop time,6000, but just can't crack the next step and come from one of the colonies with no right to go back to the EU. Wondering if anyone has any ideas on this subject or know of any companies who may employ self funded crew.

Thanx CF

Willy Nilly
17th May 2001, 23:37
Buy yourself a 747-400 endorsement ($15,000), drop off the resume at China Airlines, convince them you have been driving heavy metal for years and get a left seat job. It's that easy!

cracka fatty
18th May 2001, 02:39
Thanx Willy, Now wouldn't that be dangerous. Was thinking more along the lines of SO/FO to start with. I'd probably have trouble convincing the panel that a Bandit was classified as "heavy metal" but then again I suppose it's all relative. Any more ideas??

Willy Nilly
18th May 2001, 17:48
Well if the left seat isn't available then you could tell them that you would lower yourself to accepting a FO position. Aim high, my man, aim high!

ustillflyin
18th May 2001, 18:29
CF,
If your in the USA. There is a company that does a two day B737 intro with one hours worth of logable sim time for around USD$400.

Check their website for more info;

http://www.B737.com/

It could look good on the ole resume, shows initative, etc.

cracka fatty
20th May 2001, 11:31
Just trawling back to the top to see if we get a few more strikes.
CF