PDA

View Full Version : SIA, MAS lousy organisation?

sq111
19th Mar 2003, 06:12
I notice many in this forum don't have good impression of SIA and MAS (As in the company, not as a passenger).

Somehow my friends who are flying seems to be happy with SIA, but cabin crew reported different story, most don't stay after their 2 year bond is up. MAS also have F.O.s leaving but didn't here of such from SIA.

So what's so bad about working for these airlines?

Usman
24th Mar 2003, 15:05
MAS:- first world equiptment, third world mentality.

rodondo4
24th Mar 2003, 22:33
Wow....all these awards with third world mentality ..... can't wait till MAS gets developed mentality....

PILOST
25th Mar 2003, 07:45
More like First World equipment with Third World pay!

But seriously, both are National Carriers & are very good paymasters (very important in current times!).Good to work for if you avoid the politics (as in any company).Those that left the respective airlines move on to greener (greenback ;) ) pastures.

Our friend Usman might disagree, but then again he's entitled to his opinion...........even without being backed up by facts :} .

Safe Flying All

:cool:
PILOST

kwaiyai
25th Mar 2003, 10:33
Here Here Pilost, Whatever anyone says I like working here Too.:cool:

Usman
25th Mar 2003, 15:20
MAS awards are just for laugh and to con the public.

Just pay some third rates surveyers and they'll give you the top awards that you want.

PilotLost: "Yes Sir no Sir three bags full", that's what they want you to be" And what is the consequent- loss to the tune of RM12 billion paid for by the tax-payers.

You can bluff the public some of the time but not all the time.

Most of the facts I had stated had been published in the local papers. Haven't you read them, or you avoided reading as it will be a pain on your egotism.

Kawai: Yes good to work for the moment, but wait till the old godfather MahaRaja is gone and the new PM Badawi takes over when he will ask for accountability, where will some of you be?

Colosseo
28th Mar 2003, 17:36
with regads to mike ho tell, if yoü are moron that goes around
pinching tits, your progression in the airline is secured...:O

kwaiyai
28th Mar 2003, 18:43
Usman,
probably back to where I came from country wise. Shame but no problems as I keep an ace up my sleeve :p

Colosseo
8th Apr 2003, 18:38
Once upon a time, not too long ago, there was an IFS who was
DI'ed for pinching the breast of a CSS during a YMML nite stop,
and as of recently, I hear he is still on the payroll.
Therefore, Mike Hotel is an organisation that really provides stability with regards to pay cheques for its employees.
From what I gathered, there were no witness/witnesses to
the misbehavior. I think, management was trying to apply some
form of culture, specific to a particular form of spirituality.
Going back a little further in time, there was an incident which
happened in LGK, during a turnaround, while the F/O was doing
the walkaround. Lollipop was served to the commander by one
of the world's best cabin staff who happens to be an LSS.
Well, I suppose she was trying to go BEYOND EXPECTATIONS and
he, the commander was MIGHTY GLAD!
The latter is a highly reliable rumour and the former is a FACT!!!

Åji Knøw Møe Tøe
18th Apr 2003, 15:12
I can confirm that the IFS misbehave in that incident. The CSS was
in her early stage of pregnancy. With respect to witness/witnesses, the hotel had the encounter on their CCTV but
due to local legislation the recording cannot be used for an inquiry
outside OZ. This incident triggered more complainants(stewardesses) to come forward, approximately five.
It was unfortunate that the board insisted on witnesses.
The moron is still employed and going about his rituals as usual.
With regards to the LGK lollipop incident, it happened quite some time ago. The Commander is probably on the wide body fleet by now. I wonder where she(LSS) is right now. Most of the boys nick
name her CREW MEAL!!! :O

Kaptin M
18th Apr 2003, 21:01
They're only nick-named "Crew Meal" by the ones who AREN'T getting it - or who wish they COULD (get it, or give it)!!

Contrary to popular folk lore, "crew meals, tech crew molls", call them whatever you will, don't hand it out to everyone :{ and consequently the envious/jealous ones INCAPABLE of scoring, are usually the ones who end up labelling ladies with this tag.......alternatively it might be a guy who thought HE was Super Stud, only to discover that he's been outmanouevred on his next night stop.....or by the jealous/faggot F/A's who have their sights set on one of the "eligibles", only to find that s/he was NEVER really in the race!!

Loved MAS for its "team" attitude psyche within the crew - a lot of airlines could learn a LOT from them. Similarly the annual SEP/Ditching was, to my mind, extremely well put together in teaching the WHOLE crew how to communicate effectively with each other.
But the pay was [email protected] the H.R. department a waste of money.
IMO. :cool:

Usman
23rd Apr 2003, 10:52
In MAS the Cabin Attendant will drop 10% in number the first year. In the next 2 years another 20% will resign from the company. By 5 years half of the original intake will be gone and in 10 years only 10% will remain in the airline.

What is wrong with this airline MAS to have the largest staff turnover of any company in the world?

Åji Knøw Møe Tøe
25th Apr 2003, 07:00
OHIOk GOZAIMAS!!!
What happen to the WAYANG KULIT in NRT ?
Could the Cr@p pay had an influence in its production?:ok: ;) :cool:

Slasher
27th Apr 2003, 15:27
A very eye-openin V.C.D. "accidentley fell out" of a x-siting aircraft here the other day (no names no pack-drill!)

I love MAS cabin-crew! They always have been a bloodey creative bunch! Plentey of pics around but first time Ive come across "MAS - The Movie"!

Amaturish video style and more pre-planning of sequances needed, but none the less quite good for a 1st(?) attempt! :ok:

If I ever join MAS can I be a "featured expat" in the next sequal? :D

PS KM I think you left MAS too earley! There REALY Going Beyond Expectations now mate!

MIKOLLIG JEZVARTED
28th Apr 2003, 16:51
I supposeThe Casual Day Has Gone Too Far. I'm sure there's lots of openings the expats mightFIT !!!;)

Åji Knøw Møe Tøe
29th Apr 2003, 12:55
IT'S OBVIOUS THAT MANAGEMENT HAS FAILED MISERABLY!!!
The above statement is referenced to Mike Hotel
Definitely! THE CASUAL DAY HAS GONE TOO FAR!!! :mad: :suspect: :O

Usman
3rd May 2003, 04:15
SIA seen gearing up for layoffs in downturn
in a sign that retrenchments are just around
the corner, Singapore Airlines is in talks with
its employees' union.
29/04/03 - BT

Being the copycat of SIA, when is MAS going
to start before it plunge into further debts?