PDA

View Full Version : Airtours Sponsorship!!!!!!!!

PFO
22nd Aug 2000, 11:15
It is now a week since I sent my SAE to Jerez and still no application.

With a closing date of 1st September this is going to have to be a quick turn around!!!!!

Let me think "Why do I want to become an airline pilot?"

Anyone received their application form yet?

Wee Weasley Welshman
22nd Aug 2000, 12:27
Give us a chance!

PFO
22nd Aug 2000, 13:27
WWW, sorry no offence mate.

BTW, roughly how many requests for applications have you received?

Hope to see you soon out there in sunny Jerez.

PFO

Ceppo
22nd Aug 2000, 21:50
It's true though, they want it back so soon that we hardly get any time to fill the sucker in, and with the postage time here and there.....phew, that's cutting it close.

Capt Wannabe
22nd Aug 2000, 21:57
Just out of interest, it takes post 1 week each way between Jerez and UK.

DeltaTango
22nd Aug 2000, 23:04
WWW-Isn't it just the initial application you want before 1/9??
I mean, I only got hold of FLIGHT the 16/8... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

TOM Mc
23rd Aug 2000, 02:20
I agree with DeltaTango.
I believe if you read the ad again, you'll find they just want your inital application/enquiry letter in for the 1st and then all applications will be sent back via our SAE there after.

P.S. not meaning to sound like a smartarse

PFO
23rd Aug 2000, 13:14
WWW, can you confirm whether 1st September is closing date for request for application forms or closing date return to BAe of completed applications?

Cheers

and the chap said
23rd Aug 2000, 15:31
I agree with TOM Mc, that's the way I read it. By the way, how did you guys/girls solve the SAE issue (using Royal Mail stamps in Spain)?

ROTATION
23rd Aug 2000, 15:55
1st class stamps work between UK and Spain, don't see why they wouldn't work the other way round. Says he who hasn't recieved the SAE yet. Anyone know how many they're taking on?

monkeyboy
23rd Aug 2000, 16:11
TOM Mc & ATCS, you get my vote for the closing date. I certainly read it as saying you had to get your initial req in before the 1st Sept.

As for the stamp issue, I don't believe you can use British stamps when sending from Spain and I don't think you can buy Spanish stamps in the UK, so I took that to mean stick a UK stamp on it and then all the SAEs will be sent back out to us from the UK somewhere, well at least that's what I read would happen on a previous posting 2 weeks ago. I think they'll send the job lot back to the UK and then post them out. Anyway, what the hell do I know? Pure speculation. ;-)

Localiser
23rd Aug 2000, 16:35
I too hope that 1st Sept is the date for receipt of the written application and SAE. It's cutting it very fine if this isn't the case. Fairly reliant on the inefficient Spanish Postal Service...

In 8 Days it's due in. What though; the aforementioned letter or the completed application form? If the former then I'm afraid a few people will miss out. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

LOC :)

zerouali
24th Aug 2000, 00:52
To be honest, by the wording of the advertisement I originally thought it meant the form had to be returned by the 1st, although my second thought was "How the hell will I manage that?" Here's hoping it means the initial request. As for the stamps, I don't think you can use UK stamps to post to Spain, but I'm sure the applications will come from a mailing point in England, similar to Aer Lingus.

BigAir
24th Aug 2000, 03:24
Last years airtours process involved writing to confirm your interest / receive further details. Everyone who said that they meet criteria were invited to apptitudes and so on. NO APPLICATION Form (at least not last year!).

However, if you did make it to final interview, you were required to send a C.V. to Airtours HQ a couple of weeks before your interview - A good and Bad thing

BigAir

PS. I'm happy having passed my R/T practical today!!!

Shamrock 321
24th Aug 2000, 03:26
hey all, with regard to the stamps, in Ireland they gave me an International Response Coupon which allows postage from any part of the world... maybe they have something like this across the water...

crankcase
24th Aug 2000, 21:15
Shamrock 321, I included a reply paid coupon with mine, although I think they will send replies from the UK. The time allowed for responding (ie by 1st September) must be for initial response or their criteria for pilots must include superhuman abilities! No one can bang out an app in a few days and expect it to hit the mark. Good luck, and practise maths and response excercises in a distracting environment for the Gapan tests!

------------------
THE CRANKSTER!
Spot the typo!

[This message has been edited by crankcase (edited 24 August 2000).]

on the ball
10th Sep 2000, 20:31
It's now 10/09 and I still haven't received anything back from Airtours? Has anyone else?

IOLAR60
10th Sep 2000, 22:15
your not the only one................... http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

lone eagle
10th Sep 2000, 23:41
Nope, me neither. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Mr. Fussy
11th Sep 2000, 03:17
I phoned them last week and they said that we should receive the forms next week, probably about tues (12/09), they only started looking at the applications last Tuesday! If the course starts in November, this selection process is going to be rather fast!

PFO
11th Sep 2000, 12:00
I haven't received an application form yet either.

PFO

IOLAR60
11th Sep 2000, 15:34
cheers fussy,
ill be ready to ambush postman pat tommorow morning then. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif

HazardWarning
11th Sep 2000, 15:41
I hedged my bets using both a UK stamp and an international reply coupon, heys wants £1.60 for a chance to get on a sponsorship scheme.

No reply as yet!!

If time schedule is as everyone speculates it will be very fast!

Muggs
11th Sep 2000, 23:13
I returned from a four week holiday on the second and applied immediately, hoping that i would still be considered!!!!!
Phoned them on the tuesday, and the lady said thanx but no thanx. Afer waiting ages for a sponsorship scheme, combing thruogh FI and pprune.org, getting my ppl so that it would increase the likelihood of me being taken on, to find that i missed out because i was on holiday is a touch upsetting.

WWW please could u take mercy on me. The lady was very kind and suggested i phoned a Mr Shiner, which i plan to do today. But if u could possibly look into it, it would be much appreciated. Name is james rotheram dated 2nd September. Cheers

LowFly
11th Sep 2000, 23:35
thank god, i was really worried about the forms, and had given up hope, as i got FI the day it came out and still no reply.
i am lucky in the fact that it is a 'fall back option' in case the funding that i hav in place falls through in the last minute
.hope i dont need a spot. shld go to other worthy flyers.
good luck to all u out there who r nearly there. on a course is the hardest thing to do as so many applicants.
will see ya up in the skies.

BAcrew
13th Sep 2000, 19:20
I too am still waiting...I asked for an application form over a month ago. Not very impressive.

PFO
13th Sep 2000, 21:00
Still nothing!

WWW, what is going on?

Blame the petrol problem!!!

PFO

Wee Weasley Welshman
13th Sep 2000, 21:50
There ar eno problems, applications are being dealt with in the planned time frame. You guys just have to be patient. Hell I remember BA taking 9 months to process applicants. If you missed the deadline then I am very sorry fo you. However, I cannot use undue influence to help. And I'm on holiday in the UK anyway. Try pleading to Mr Shiner the head of Marketing who runs the scheme. Be imaginative.

Best of luck, it is a very good deal,

Duncan2
29th May 2001, 21:55
To successful airtours applicants

Did airtours require any financial guarantor for the money they invested in you other than a five year bond or similar?
Some part sponsorships do require this and it can be prohibitive!
Thanks for any reply!

togaroo
30th May 2001, 11:36
No, but if for some far out reason you fail to complete, they want the money back that they have 'invested' in you.

Situation is dont fail and work it off over five years!

Duncan2
30th May 2001, 19:27
Right, thanks.
Do you have to prove in any way that you would be ABLE to pay the money if you failed?
Thanks again!