PDA

View Full Version : BA to stop flights to Israel

KEPIT 2 YUSEN
18th Mar 2003, 09:49
BA have announced flights to Israel to cease with effect from Wednesday following Iraq developments - Sky News reports

frb98mf
18th Mar 2003, 15:58
Fair enough I guess, too bad for anyone out there hoping to make a speedy exit.

Having said that, there's less chance of a stray scud hitting a plane or even TVA itself than a Palestinian terrorist (sorry BBC I meant militant, sorry Guardian and Independent I meant activist, sorry Tony Benn and loony left I meant freedom fighter) using a shoulder-launch missile, car-bomb or suicide-bomb to cause similar havoc.

But then BA crews have been hiding out in Larnaca or somewhere anyway rather than risk living like 5 million Israelis for even 1 night. Not that I blame them.

Besides, think of all those lucky Brits who might have to experience the wonder of flying El-Al, whose passengers cheer and whoop on landing safely, convene prayers with the necessary quorum of 10 males at the back of the plane, creating the effect of a permanent queue for the loo (I've been stumped by this a few times), and spend the entire flight walking up and down to see who they know, then leaning across the other pax and exclaiming in a very loud voice "Heimie, I haven't seen you since little Yossi's barmitzvah! So, are you seeing anyone? And my son-in-law the doctor/lawyer/accountant etc..." - all in, an experience not to be missed!

CaptainSquelch
22nd Mar 2003, 01:20
So does KLM, and to almost all of the near- and middle east destinations. Not enough travelers, not enough booking so no money to be made.

Simple as that.

Sq