PDA

View Full Version : EZY Crewing jobs....Whats the deal ?

Bobby Z
18th Mar 2003, 01:36
Ok, this is a bit of a night shift rant, but what exactly are EZY looking for in a Crewing officer ?
Is 4 years experience, and AIMS training just not enough as a collegue of mine was told today when he chased up his c.v. sent to the 'Crewing Manager' ??. (Or does the 'Crewing Manager' not want any competition !!)
At least he got an answer, I sent my c.v. a month ago, sent almost daily e-mails and fobbed of phone calls but no reply !!
What is the deal here, 4 of us due to be redundant at a 'large airline' within the next few weeks have all replied, but NO-ONE has even had an 'ACK' in the last FOUR weeks.
Well the good news is that 3 of us are sorted and the other is going abroad for the summer, so you can shove your paperless office up yer..........................................this message has been edited by Bobby Z !!!!

Bobby Z

:O :O

AOG007
18th Mar 2003, 02:05
Firstly, sorry to read that you are to be made redundant. Not nice, and was something I experienced only last year. Good to hear that you are sorted, and that you have avoided the Orange one's.

From all the babble on the Pprune pages, and from talking to friends whom work there, I would have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel before even looking to work for them, let alone actually accept a position.

Don't work for them, don't fly with them. I treat them with same contempt as I do MOL's mottley crew!

Back to The Bunker! :}

AOG007

Bobby Z
18th Mar 2003, 02:16
Yes but it is the contempt they treat applicants with !!

Still from what I hear they would rather employ unqualified staff to brainwash, rather than quality experienced bods. Shame, cos while these good folks are being trained the rosters (alledgedly) are about as usefull as a chocolate firegaurd.

What do the experienced staff in 'orangeland' feel about the recruitment policy at the moment.

I think we should be told !!

Bobby Z

ghost-rider
18th Mar 2003, 03:05
AOG007 :
I would have to be scraping the bottom of the barrel before even looking to work for them, let alone actually accept a position.
Don't work for them, don't fly with them. I treat them with same contempt as I do MOL's mottley crew!
pratt !:rolleyes: And your pearls of wisdom are based on what exactly ?! :*

Bobby Z : I'm amazed if 4 yrs AIMS and crewing experience is not treated as an asset ! What exactly was your colleague told ? :confused:

Bobby Z
18th Mar 2003, 03:41
ghost-rider
He was told that his application was unsucessful at this time.
Laughable really as they seem to be desperate for good people.

As more of an Ops person I was not too bothered as I had already got myself sorted, I still would have appreciated a quick e-mail either way.

Still not bitter, just feel sorry for the guys at the coal face.

Bobby Z

ghost-rider
18th Mar 2003, 03:47
Hmm. Shame. Hope he gets sorted somewhere else. I agree though, an email would have been courteous ! :rolleyes:

Good luck with your new venture by the way. Anywhere exotic ?

walla
18th Mar 2003, 08:29
:cool: Bobby Z
The crewing managers hands are tied at the minute, one minute she gets the go ahead and the next minute recruiting is on hold.:D :D

The good news is i have just resigned from ezy as senior crewing bod so there is now an opening, and from what i hear they are desperate because they have asked me to stay on another couple of months.
And no i can't stay on because my future employer will not keep the job opened.
So If anyone is looking drop them a line or give them a bell.:ok: :ok:

VIKING9
18th Mar 2003, 09:15
22 years on and off experience of ground ops, crewing, rostering, despatch and flying and "she" doesn't even reply to me either but then "she" doesn't like me........a fob you off letter would be nice though :confused:

AOG007
19th Mar 2003, 00:33
ghost-rider

pratt !:rolleyes: And your pearls of wisdom are based on what exactly ?!:*

Can you read?

I'm sure from memory, and from reading my original post, I clearly stated where my "pearls of wisdom" had come from.

If you work for them, so be it. This is a place for expressing opinions, of which not everyone will agree. You have yours, I have mine.

If you don't like what you read, then maybe you should'nt be here, as these things may be causing untold damage to your health....... Please do take care, we would'nt want anything nasty to happen to you at your desk, as you explode because someone said something you did'nt like.

Back To The Bunker!

AOG007

Bobby Z
19th Mar 2003, 01:26
From the tone of PM's I have had, plus what has gone before looks like that 'Crewing Manager' did us all a favour.

What makes us laugh is all the b******s in another post over the past few weeks about EZY claiming to be the champions of a recognised 'quailification' for ops bods.................listen do us all a favour and get your house in order by responding to 'qualified' staff when they bother to apply to your company !!!!!!!!!

Bobby Z on the Nightshift !

ghost-rider
19th Mar 2003, 02:22
AOG ...

It's 0315 and I can't be arsed arguing ! EZY bashing seems to be all the rage and it's very boring ! Shame I bit !

It's true that this place does have many faults, but where doesn't ? You show me airline utopia, ( apart from SWA ! ) and I'll show you where Elvis rides Shergar !

Now the takeover/merger has been completed, things will hopefully improve. I've seen a damn site worse than this that's for sure !

If it doesn't though, then there will no-doubt be more following in Walla's steps.

As to the lack of replies to job apps. I agree - it sucks. But I believe it does say on the website that unsuccessful applicants for any jobs here will not be contacted.

Anyway, with DXB as your location, keep your head down over the next few weeks !

walla
19th Mar 2003, 18:51
Guy's and Girl's, if anyone that read my thread thought that i was having a dig or slagging of ezy are wrong.
I enjoyed working for ezy its just a bit too far to travel and ive been offered a job 1 mile from my house.
Sorry if i gave a false impression.:confused:

peapod
19th Mar 2003, 19:39
The Orange people always mess you around. I heard through the grapevine that BMED are looking for someone to work in there rostering department. Heard that they have just bought AIMS. So why not give them a try.

I guess you need to send a CV to the crewing department head.

Don't now what there address is I guess you can get it from their website.

Good luck on the job front.

If u need anymore info I can try and get it, but like always its only ever heard on the rumour network, but you have nothing to lose by writing to them.:)

jumpseater
19th Mar 2003, 23:06
ghosty, I thought they'd put a firewall on the 'Elvis rides Shergar' :yuk: sites you allegedly frequent :uhoh: :)

ghost-rider
21st Mar 2003, 11:23
jumpy me old pal ... you stick to your 'naked men in tattoos' ! :p

At least Elvis riding Shergar was legal !!!! ;)

SCARGILL1
21st Mar 2003, 13:12
Ezy are desperate for experienced, SENIOR, crewing members. So I would have thought that anyone with a good few years and ability would get in for interview at least. So if experienced bods aren't getting replies then that might be a let off, if you assume that if they can't recognise your talent then they aren't the kind of people you want to be working for.

VIKING9
21st Mar 2003, 15:34
My thoughts entirely. With 22 years experience behind me in various positions (including Ops management), 2 years AIMS experience I would have thought I'd be a likely candidate for recruitment. But then my face doesn't fit so there's no chance :ok:

peapod
21st Mar 2003, 19:20
Most airlines look and need experince, so the EZY clan are missing out. What happened to all the 'GO' staff did they go over to EZY.

Viking9, what about the Brit Med rostering job they have AIMS now. Send CV to rostering department.

jumpseater
21st Mar 2003, 23:51
Mr rider, I'm sure Mr E will nail your head to the table next time he's in for suggesting that 'The King' has 'ridden' shergar (as in quadroped):ooh:

AOG007
22nd Mar 2003, 04:36
ghost-rider,

Please explain why I should be keeping my head down?

AOG007

Manchester Tart
22nd Mar 2003, 16:48
EZY may not want any AIMS experienced bods - but from the phone call i just had it looks like AIMS do... - Anyone else had a call from ATH?

ghost-rider
25th Mar 2003, 09:22
AOG007 ... never mind ! :rolleyes:

Whoosh ! :=

Jumpy ... perhaps it would have been nice if someone would have asked Shergar first ! ;)

Monkey_Breath
30th Mar 2003, 05:53
If your looking for Crewin Jobs, check out the UKOMA website. European are recruiting in BOH, nice weather, good salary. Astreaus also but don't know anything about them.

AlphaCharlie
17th Sep 2003, 01:42
Ok sorry to open an old thread on a slightly unrelated topic ...

EZY are currently recruiting for a crewing officer to be based at Easyland.

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the EZY pay and package was like?

opswench
17th Sep 2003, 22:18
who's Elvis.....

shergie

walla
22nd Sep 2003, 03:01
:{ :{ Money is fairly good depending on experience.:{ :{
Starts from around 17k with no crewing exp and goes upto 26k with exp:ok: :ok: And yes we are looking so hurry up and drop your CV

AlphaCharlie
23rd Sep 2003, 00:43
Thanks for that more useful reply Walla.

walla
23rd Sep 2003, 03:17
No probs send an email if you want other info:8 :8

Little Blue
23rd Sep 2003, 08:26
:) :) :)
Hey, Please send my regards to Buffy Bev, Easy crewing monkey !!!
Sorely missed at Donno Hall....well, by me, at least !!
;)